cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking files from FTP server with dynamic Filename.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to pick some files from a FTP server in a File to Idoc scenario. The files in the Ftp Server are created with the filenames as timestamp of the file when it was created. How do I pick up these files?

Thanks,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

The file name that is getting generated is only the timestamp or is it suffixed/prefixed by any other string?

Lets assume its only the timestamp .

Write follwoing your file name : * 2008 *.xml. As the time stamp starts with year. In this case this scenario will work only for this year(2008).

Revert back if you need any more help.

Regards.

Jeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i was thinking along the same lines. It's in the format "Data_yymmddhhmmss_3-digit no.xml. so i think its best that i put *.xml

Thanks for your help.

Merrilly

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example your file name is "TestFile_20080118_12:30". So what you need to do in your CC is just write "TestFile_*.txt"

or "TestFile_*.xml". It will pick all the files.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above masking concept (*.txt, . etc) will be applicable for the files with NFS only,

See the below link to apply it

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

The below link will help you to build up the adapter module to read the dynamic file name

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da5675d1-0301-0010-9584-f6cb18c0...

This could be applicable for FTP ...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just mention *.extension (ex: *.txt) in your channel, the file will be picked up.

Regards,

Divija.

Edited by: Divija KN on Jan 18, 2008 7:51 AM