cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting pop-up after the data has been saved in database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have got the answer to get pop-up at the same time data is saved in database. But I required the pop-up after the data has been saved in database. That means in design after the BAPI(which saves the data in database) I want to get a pop-up that data has been saved in database.Is it possible? If so then please give the reply as soon as possible.

Regards

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your data source (BAPI or stored procedure) returns a status/result message after saving then you can use the content of this message as a visibility condition to show a form with the message.

Say your BAPI returns an 'S' for saved in an output field called MESSAGE.

Drag a data store to your model. Create a data store variable called 'formvisible' (or whatever) of type text.

Create a form with a "Your data has been saved" message and place this on top of all other items in your iview. Set visibility condition to STORE@FORMVISIBLE=='S'.

Drag a line from your data source to your data store and map field formvisible to data source's output field @MESSAGE.

Then add a button and an action to your form, drag a line to your data store and pass a value other than 'S' to FORMVISIBLE so the message is hidden when button is pressed.

Good luck

Henning

Edited by: Henning Strand on Jan 18, 2008 8:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Thanks for the reply. As per your reply I have to create a BAPI which will return the status message also. Am I right? If so then only I can proceed further to display the status.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, or a stored procedure in your database returning the same type of status message.

VC has to get some kind of message stating that the saving in the db has been a success to trigger a message.

OR: You could of course just add a refresh button to your table list where user's have to check the table themselves to see if a new row has been added after saving.

Pls reward points if answers are helpful.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to get the popup after saving the data in the database.But now I am trying with the prompt action.I have given a button and assigned the system action as PROMPT. and given the formula.But when I am giving the same as event name.Then it is showing as warning that PROMPT action can not be raised.

Where I am wrong please guide me.

Regards

Nutan

Answers (0)