Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correct expansion for abbreviation - xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all -

A light question on a Friday morning

Following is the title of SAP xMII on SAP's web page: SAP xApp MANUFACTURING INTEGRATION AND INTELLIGENCE.

However on the Login screen of xMII it says - SAP xAPP Manufacturing Intelligence & Integration (SAP xMII) and this is the only page (I think) where its inconsistent.

This is not a big problem: I am simply wondering if we know the correct expansion of SAP xAPP xMII?

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Its

SAP xApp Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP xMII)

SAP xMII manufacturing integration functionality forms the backbone of SAP xMII architecture by providing universal data connectivity to a variety of plant floor, enterprise, and other systems.

SAP xMII manufacturing intelligence functionality allows organizations to gather data from a variety of different systems. (both points as explained in https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/)

Obviously we can gather data after connectivity only!

Hence it is SAP xApp Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP xMII)

Everywhere in SAP xMII Help documentation, xMII Portal, SAP XMII GETTING STARTED GUIDE, Forum and Wiki (sdn.sap.com) etc. you will find this only.

At one place (https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/SAPxMIIfortheManufacturing+Industries)

What is SAP xMII?

you will fine Intelligence and Integration.

Take Care

Khaleel

Edited by: Khaleelurrehman Badeghar on Jan 18, 2008 8:21 AM

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good find! Chances are this will not upset the installed user base too much since nobody noticed it in the last 2+ years, and the 12.0 release is the NetWeaver Login screen, not the current one that has its eyes (I's) crossed.

I fixed the Wiki

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change in "SAP xMII Login Page"?

Thanks and Regards

Khaleel

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk about zero value, I am even a bit amazed that you would ask something like this. The login screen for version 12.0 is the NetWeaver UME login screen, so changing this image for 11.5 would not make it high on the development list...

If this is causing you or your users some sort of unecessary stresss, how about just Frankensteining the picture yourself with a picture editing software package?