cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIMEOUT Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, i got question that i want to ask. I got a relatively big scenario using XI. The scenario is from Oracle application to SAP using XI. The process is relatively takes a very long time in SAP (ABAP). It can get to more than 30 minutes.

My question: are there any negative effect that i should be worry about if i raise the value of timeout parameter in this parameter to a realtively high such as 1 hour:

1. icm_serverport_0: PROCTIME: value [s]

2. xiadapter.inbound.timeout = value [ms]

All advice, information and suggestion are welcome. Thank you very much...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

---are there any negative effect that i should be worry about if i raise the value of timeout parameter

Yes. The value that u will be increasing will affect the entire landscape. So for any incorrect message also, the session will remain open for 1 hr and i will degrade the server performance.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Made,

As you suggest, the parameter increase may suit this specific interface

The question is subjective in that you will need to take all of your scenarios into account when changing parameters

For instance do any of other interfaces require an action to be taken before this time elapses?

Similar question for upcoming interfaces?

Are you able to design for this specific interface?

One example may be to use some kind of control step.

Refer to the url for Deadline Monitoring for Receipt of a Response Message http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/7c5c41fe06cf1ee10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Mike