cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recreating trans/data files for support package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Someone deleted the files in our /usr/sap/trans/data directory while we were in the middle of a support package installation. I'm now getting an error in the IMPORT_PROPER phase that file /usr/sap/trans/data/RB70013.SAP cannot be accessed, which is no wonder since the file is no longer there. Is there some way I can use the OS-level tools (i.e., tp or R3trans) to recreate only the data files for the support packages? I've still got the .PAT files (and would obviously be able to get them again easily).

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You may be able to reset the import queue depending upon which phase u r in...

if its too late..like for example you have crossed IMPORT_PROPER, then what I would suggest is,

Use some other system in the landscape to generate the data files using the test mode...in SPAM..Settings-->test mode...

That will generate the data files and then you can use them to continue with the import in the current system..

Hope that helps

Abhi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up having to test your suggestion after all. One of the later support packages in the queue was also missing a .SAP file, and your suggestion worked like a charm. Fortunately this problem system wasn't the last one to have that particular support package applied.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!

I discovered that we had the .SAP files on another LPAR, but Abhi, your suggestion I think would have worked too. Hope I can remember that the next time something like this happens!

Thanks again,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The support package shows that it's been imported into SPAM. I presume that the way that I got the data files into trans/data was by uploading the OCS Packages into the repository. Is there some way to invalidate that particular package so that I can re-upload it? Alternatively, is there some what to repeat what transaction SPAM is doing when I "Upload from Application Server"?

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think that you can recreate the data files once deleted.

You have to use .PAT file and extract it again into trans folder.

-Pinkle