cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Integration - error when replicating cost/revenue rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've run into a problem with the IMG step for replicating cost/revenue rates from cProjects to the ECC 6.0 system. The error indicates that the organizational unit specified does not exist in the target system. A coupole of questions:

1. I'm unsure about how to transfer the organizational unit from one system to the other. Does this need to be done as a separate step, or should it have occurred automatically when executing the IMG step? I see that the rates were replicated, but they are not assigned to the org unit.

2. Should the organizational unit originate in ECC 6.0 and transfer to cProjects, or vice-versa? I've tried setting the object up manually in ECC 6.0, but of course, the number is generated automatically upon creation. Thus the units between the two systems do not match.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and points will be awarded!

Thanks.

Lisa

Edited by: Lisa Marcus on Jan 17, 2008 7:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Im not so sure but I guess, you need to create Org Unit (say ABC) in Cprojects using Tcode:PPOCE

In account assignment you need to assign controlling area (say 0001) n other costing related details.

and for the Project in Cproject, goto Additional tab and assign the Org Unit (in this case ABC, which we have defined.)

Make sure you maintain cost revenue rates in SPRO of Cproject for org unit (ABC)

then Replicate the rates to ERP n make sure you replicate project types to ERP.

Niranjan

P.S let me know if it helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Actually, I was able to create the organizational unit in cProjects using tcode PPOCE, but I'm not sure how to sync the unit between two systems (between our system where cProjects is running and our ECC 6.0 system).

Edited by: Lisa Marcus on Jan 21, 2008 11:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I was able to create the organizational unit in cProjects using tcode PPOCE, but I'm not sure how to sync the unit between two systems (between our system where cProjects is running and our ECC 6.0 system).

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Basically you need to activate HR Integration

in SPRO of

Cproj > Resource Management > Basic Settings for Resource Management > Application Link Enabling (ALE) for HR Integration.

The system determines the data from the organizational units in Organizational Management that were replicated from SAP Human Resources (HR) to the cProjects system (see "ALE HR Integration").

The system determines the cost center by searching upwards in the organizational structure and using the responsible organizational unit you specified in cProjects on the Structure > Additional Data tab page in the Responsible Organizational Unit area > Org. Responsible.

The system transfers the remaining data from this cost center.

Else,

If you did not specify a responsible organizational unit or the system could not determine its data, in single-object controlling for internal orders the system determines the data using the model order for the order type CPR1

you need to create a model order type CPR1 in ERP under SPRO > controlling > int ord > Order Master Data > Define Order Types

*In order type you need to mention model/reference order which is maintained in KOM1 / KOM2 *

This model order is based on controlling area thru which an assignment will be done. in KOM1 >> Environment >> set control area

Niranjan

Let me know if it help ... !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This is very helpful.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to test everything as I'm getting an error (front-end for a specific project) that indicates that an "error occurred when connecting to the accounting system". Basis has tested the RFC connection between our cProjects system and ECC 6.0, and the connection tests ok. We've tried it both as trusted and not, but neither seems to work. I've mainted this RFC for the object type (for single-object controlling). Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im Not so sure about Object type...

However, check with your ABAP/Basis if they have maintain ALE settings.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps