cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Rules File within CC 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Within the Utilities in CC 5.2, I see there is an option to export rules. When I do export rules, the file is a bit messy. I want to utilize this file to do a comparison to the client's rule upload file and SoD matrix. Has anyone figured out a way to piece the files together? I'm guessing a macro can be used to do it, I am just not so familiar. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Marla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marla,

The Export Rules functionality is provided to save the version of the Rule set which enables the Customer to go back to a previous state when there is a problem with the Rule upload.

I dont think we can do the comparision, because it uses its own format to extract the Rule set.

Cheers,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is asked all the time, and nobody I have worked with has created a macro or something similar to extract the information you require.

I always tell the client that you should document the changes you make before you make them and then the documentation can be used to perfrom the comparison rather than the "messy" file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marla,

Just wanted to check with you if you got any success with the same. I am also facing the same issue. What i could get best on this was to have a copy of each rule set one by one as i define in the system so that i have all of them singly with me to compare and refer to in future.

Please do let me know too if you came across any other method for the same.

Regards,

Hersh.