cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a local java DC project. here i have created few class and then exposed them as public part.

now i have a local Enterprise Module DC Project. I have added the public part of the java DC project in this project as used DC.

But second project is unable to find those classes. both in normal compilation as well as when we build a DC project.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

How have you exposed the classes of the Java DC project as public part.

Please let us know the radio button selected when you exposed them as public parts.

Regards

Sidharth

p.s. This link will prove useful to you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/096744c271f8408bae38a49d556c80/content.htm

Message was edited by: Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Thanks for the reply.

Now I am able to build the project as well as complile(as a normal project) the project in the NDS.

i was able to do this by adding both types of public part.

But now the error is at deployment time. it says that it is unable to find that class

0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

compile time and deploy time are handled differently.

What exactly is your deployment unit and the unit you are referencing. E.g. in the PAR file scenario you will need to add a sharing reference to your portalapp.xml manually if you like to reference a DC deployed in another PAR.

Best regards,

Vedran

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You are creating a Java DC and then using the classes in the Java DC in the EJB DC. This is going to work fine during the build time. however this is going to fail during deploy time as the classes from standalone Java DC are not available during build time.

Hence for this you will have to create public part in the Java DC and give it the purpose assembly and use the build, deploy and runtime.

Please again go through the link that i have provided. It will give you the clue.

Regards

Sidharth