cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer / Vendor Master Dual Control - Sensitive Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have configured a business requirement to extend the Senstive Field functionality towards customer master. I have defined the new Customer group and also assigned the fields. Every time a change to the Customer master record (KNA1 and KNB1) fields are changed, the message pops for the confirmation to be done thru FD08/FD09.

The only question I have is the relevance behind this control as even after the changes not yet to be confirmed, the system is allowing me to bill the customer (Sd billing) and pass the entry to FI accounting? On the other hand the Vendor functionality does not allow a billing run unless and until the changes are confirmed. My question is what is the relevance of the customer master. Can anyone who has an idea about this provide some insight about the dual functionality of this sub module.

Rgds,

Abhai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i wish to understand your situation better. if the sensitive fields restrictions are working for vendor, then there should be similar features for customer. the, my question is "are you -

1. "working in a DEV environment where you have consultant's (unlimited) authorization or

2. "working in a QAS/PROD environment where you have specific authorization?"

perhaps you have already checked this, but please indicate if you the authorization groups and transaction codes authorization have been set for the users.

many thanks.