cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Upload documents to Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to upload close to 4500 docs onto Solution Manager. Is there a way to automate the upload process - by either writing an ABAP or CATT scripts.

Thanks,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried the copy feature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I have not worked on how to upload doc to solman for almost a year. But being how it the only thing I couldn't figure out. I have to ask... can someone send me the info on how to code that? It seem to me figuring out how to get the URL for the document was easier.

Thanks,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurjen,

I have been following this thread and it had helped me to upload documents to a in a particular folder (process step) of a project, but I am unable to upload the documents to a particular tab (every document is getting defaulted to the project documentation tab). The FM 'SOLAR_APPL_SAVE_ITEMS' comes with an option to upload document at a particular tab, but I am not sure with the data which I need to send to the FM in the actual_node parameter.

There are also times when the eobj->Save is returning me a status of '1'., i.e., Cancelled and hence not returning me a value in E_LOIO. Not sure where I am going wrong, have you faced an issue like this before.

Many thanks,

Sanghita.

archana_mukherjee
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sangitha,

I saw your posts and got some idea regarding this. Our requirement is however to automate the upload of the documents from MOSS Portal (repository for docs.) to Solution Manager. I would be really grateful if you can pls detail me the stpes for the same.

I need the same ASAP.

Thanks a lot.

Archana Mukherjee

archana_mukherjee
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to do a mass upload of docs. from Moss Portal to Solution Manager.

Also I saw that we can leverage some Abap Classes for this. So is there a possibility that we can create a Bapi and call these classes inside that so that the Bapi can be called from any external system.

Kindly reply asap if anyone has any solutions or suggestions around this.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

It's very useful to me.

To share my experience, summarize FM I used.

1> Upload the Documents

CALL METHOD cl_sa_doc_factory=>upload_doc

RECEIVING e_iobject

2> Save the Documents Object

CALL METHOD e_iobject->save

3> Map the Docs to node.

CALL FUNCTION 'NOTE_OBJECT_SAVE'

4> Save the Documents in Development tab of SOLAR01/02

CALL FUNCTION 'SOLAR_APPL_SAVE_ITEMS'

If you need previous data in Dev. tab, use following FM

CALL FUNCTION 'SOLAR_APPL_GET_ITEMS'

Best Regards,

Lee

Edited by: Ju-Young Lee on May 7, 2010 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks n Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u have any Z Program for this, That will be Save some times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Did you found any solution to your problem?, I'm having a similar situation where we are trying to upload documents located in another system.

I can post the link, upload documents with an ABAP program but the upload only can happen if the file is my machine, I couldn't make it work with an external address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll watch this thread for a little while longer.

Regards,

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

We are unable to see the documents uploaded. We can find it when we search for the documents, under a project though. Our requirement is to place a document within the project documentation, of a process step.

The class CL_SA_DOC_FACTORY does not take the GUIID of the folders - would you be able to help us with the parameters to use, to upload a doc, in a particular folder(process step) of a project.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

After uploading the doc to the knowledge warehouse you need to still ty together eloio-OBJID to the folderid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurjen, thanks for your patience. My team, including Sanghita are trying out the options you are giving us.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I am keen to hear from you/ your team if you could crack the problem.

In my project too, we would soon have such requirements.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

What FM are you using to create the relationship between the e_loio-objid and the folderid ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stéphane,

Use the FM "NOTE_OBJECT_SAVE" to map the docs to your node.

Regards,

Sanghita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanghita,

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me more details on the inputs for that FM ? I've been experience difficulties with it. After uploading a document to the KW i get a loio back but i don't know how to pass it to this FM.

regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanghita,

Thanks a lot for your help, i actually found out the input parameters and it's finally work fine.

Best regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. Very helpful response indeed.

How can I reach you, incase I have any questions? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue.

Have a look at these two threads, they have all the info you need to write an upload program.

[|]

[|]