cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown By Key in a Table Column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I am able to get the DDBK and Tables to work, but I cannot get a DDBK to work when it is a table column.

My table columns are:

1. Begin Date

2. End Date

3. Wage Type (DDBK)

4. Hours

Specifically, how should I create the Context? And what about Cardinality? I seem to have a problem when the NODE_TBL is 0...n and the NODE_DDBK is 1..1.

Is the valueset bound in the same way as one binds it is a standalone DDBK?

Thanks,

john

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John.

Should not be an issue.

Create the table node as 0...n. All other attributes as normal.

Eg:

N_tab - 0...n

Inside it: BEGDA type BEGDA; ENDDA type ENDDA; DDBK type LGART; Hours type i

DATA: lo_nd_info TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node_info.

DATA: lt_value TYPE wdy_key_value_table.

lo_nd_info = wd_context->get_node_info( ).

lo_nd_info = lo_nd_info->get_child_node( 'N_TAB' ).

• Populate your wage types into LT_VALUE... Then :

lo_nd_info->set_attribute_value_set( name = 'DDBK'

value_set = lt_value ).

In the layout, the table should obviously be bound to this context node, DDBK should be DD by Key.

Hope it helps...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your help.

I received 3 different answers to my question about populating a dropdonw list as a table column. No answer was completely correct, but the first reponse was the best. This was just an explanation of developing a standard dropdown list.

The development of a dropdown list either as a standalone list or as a column in a table is the same. You must load a valueset table and bind it to the node.

Cardinality of the NODE_TBL is 0..n. and cardinality of the NODE_DDBK is 1..1 --- this is standard for any DDBK.

The order seems to imporant here. Per my example, I loaded the Begin and End Dates first and bound these fields.

Next, I loaded the valueset into an internal table and bound it to NODE_DDBK (Attribute Wage Type).

This solution is working for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick responses...

Although I am using the wizrad, my problem seems to be with navigation to the CHILD NODE from the PARENT.

Here is my context.

NODE_TBL (Cardinality 0..n)

1. ATTR - BEGDA

2. ATTR - ENDDA

3. NODE_DDBK (Cardinality 1..1)

ATTR - LGART

4. ATTR - HOURS

Using the wizard and no hard-coding of context nodes, the navigation to NODE_TBL is fine.

However, the navigation to the child node NODE_DDBK is initial (Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible).; and, therefore, I am not able to bind my valueset.

Any ideas on this...Although the TABLE view example in WDR_TEST_EVENTS is different, the Cardinality is exactly as described in my example above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using DropDownByKey, you don't need a node NODE_DDBK. You can directly add the LGART to NODE_TBL.

If you use DropDownByIndex, then NODE_DDBK should be of type 0..n.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi john.......

create a node with 4 attributes and with cardinality 0...n . the wage type attribute must be inside another node with cardinality 0...n. it works.

---regards,

alex b justin