Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all folder visible in portal services / content / URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our programers came to me with a strange issue

when he goes to portal services, content, selects a page and checks the url he sees the URL

But when he clicks on the navigation button beside the URL not all windows folders are showing.

I checked some other accounts and they seen to have the same issue, this was working before!!!

Any idea what may have happened?

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

Yes we are running 11.5 sp3

On a windows 2003 STD server, NTFS, no file compression.

In portal navigation, when I want to add a menu Item I can navigate fine to each folder.

In editor and any other place where I can do a navigate I can see all files/folders, only in portal services, content is where we have problems navigating to a URL and seeing all folders.

Andy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

Maybe you've encountered an issue with this particular editor, although logically the navigation editor jsp page should build the tree in a similar way.

Can you share an example of the first fully qualified path that is missing the folder or identify a pattern?

If you navigate to the wwwroot in a command prompt and do:

dir/s *. ->DirList.txt

Then e-mail me the resulting text file I'll take a look to see if any bizzare folder issues jump out at me.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Did all that already, reset all permissions to full access from webroot down.

Andy

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jermy,

I too have same problem.

Like, I have copied all files in tthe sylesheets (root/stylesheets) to my project folder stylesheets folder.

I can't see any file from the front page publish assistant.

I have checked all the permissions. ( i didn't find any diff between remaining folderts/files to this folder/files.

What would be the reason??

Any Ideas ??

Thanks

Vansi

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

Based on your earlier posts it would appear that you are running 11.5.3. In the chance that there is a bug with the jsp page for the content editor, please take a look in the Query Template Editor to see if the full directory tree structure is displayed. Using any new query go to the Inline Transform tab and hit the "..." button and look to see if the dialog window shows your the full webroot tree (the file list will only be xsl files, but the directory tree should be complete).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we open the webroot folder, we see all the sub directories (some uppercase some lowercase).

But when selecting a sub directory, we do not see all the directories in the directory.

I tried to paste a picture but it would not.

There seem to be no difference or sensitivity with upper or lower case.

Andy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the NTFS permissions on the folders in question? Are the embedded folders restricted in some way that would prevent the xMII from interacting with the structure for display on the editor page?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

This should have nothing to do with java or the web start cache, since the editor uses html and javascript.

Which tab in the content editor Web Root, Web App, or Templates?

Do you see any of the tree or does it just quit after a particular folder? Walk the corresponding location with Windows Explorer to see if there are any bizzare directory names that would cause the page to stumble.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing that out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for case sensitivity issues also.

v12 is definitely more case sensitive than 11.5, eg file paths in Applet definitions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your observations so far, is the issue machine specific OR User account specific?

I am not sure but such issues in the past have been related to the JRE on the clients.

Clearing the JWS cache has been one of the recommended solutions,If you haven't tried that already.