Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 User for JCo connection

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In JCOs defined in WAs server ,I am looking for a user used for fetching data from SAP R/3 system.

For eg:

i have the following JCos with the following user name

"WD_MODELDATA" with SAP R/3 user "MODELUSER"

"WD_METADATA" with SAP R/3 user "METAUSER"

my question is : while fetching data in webdynpro application from SAP R/3 using the above JCos,

Which user is used to fetch the data ?

"MODELUSER" or "METAUSER" ?

I need this information to grant the table read access to the correct user.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

For fetching the meta data use the system id like METAUSER and give SAP_ALL to this user. But for getting the application data, I would recommend to use SSO. If the SSO is used, the BAPI would get executed and fetch the results based on the user logged in.

If you use the MODELUSER instead of the user logged in, it would fetch the same data for all the users. Imagine you are fetching the employee details and if you use the MODELUSER you would fetch the same data all the time. Use SSO instead and you don't have give them any extra roles/profiles and they should get the data based on their existing roles if they are given appropriately in R/3.

Thanks!

Surya.

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya, Rajit,

Thanks for your explanations.

I understood the advantage of using the SSO user.

however in my case using single sign on user is not applicable.

In my case the application will be accessing R/3 using a communication user lets say "MODELUSER"

and it does not involve any user specific data.

Now in the Quality and production systems we can not assign SAP_ALL profile to any user.

So i need to find out which user will be used to execute the RFC in the SAP R/3 system.

"MODELUSER" or "METAUSER" ?

Please advice me so that i can grant the sufficient access to these users.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Metadata is information about rfc. So it is read by a fixed user has the necessary authorizations. And he will not be a single-sign on user. Usually, this will be the same user for all JCo metadata destinations.

Model data is the actual application data and this should be the user who logs into the portal and executes the application. This will be a single sign-on user.

Hope that's clear.

Regards,

Rajit

Edited by: Rajit Srinivas on Jan 17, 2008 4:44 PM