cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a successful message be resent from Integration engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two recievers for a message , my second palnt is not ready to take messges right now but wants to process all the messages in Order after 2 weeks .

This is a File to IDOC senario so I have archives but I am wondering is there a way to resend the messages from RWB

with out manualy processing from the archive files

Thanks and regards,

KLK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if it is a production box then don't resend successful message from IE,re-send messages from the actual sender but if its a Dev box and you are doing it only for tetsing then you can follow the below approach

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Successfull Messages can't be Resend from the Integration Engine

Yes you can Resend the Messages from RWB, Under the Component Monitoring>Adapter Engine-> Test Message (you can resend the Messages from here ). Only preriquisite is the Receiver Channel should be able to Process Messages and should be in Active status.

Award points if Helpful

Regards.

Jeet..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

you're right, successfully processed messages can't be re-sent, but:

if u have successfully processed message with error on outbound side - especially file->Idoc scenraio:

you receive the source message (from file) and the message is processed successfully (mapping, ...). But when the connection to target system fails, this message is in IE like "successfully processed", but they are not sent to target system. Such messages can be sent to target by executing LUWs again. Believe me

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

I can nt resend successful message and If I fail message then I can resend using Message Monitoring in RWB but I can nt error messages in production that is a bad option .

So I went back to the source and target systems and gave control back to them

SAP team was complaining recieving the IDOCs and not processing them for 2 weeks is a risk , what are Ur thoughts on this .

Thanks for the help .

KLK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have 2 receivers, your message will be branched and the first will be delivered successfully, while the 2nd will stay in the IE with error on outbound status. After your system is up, find the error message in SXMB monitor, click it (Queue ID) until you get to Transactional RFC screen and then run from menu Execute LUWs. This should send the second message to target successfully and messages will not be duplicated.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter & Aamir ,

Thanks for Ur replies . Yes I have to do it on Production box .

I can nt have the report program .

Peter I have a File to IDOC and the ERP system is UP but not ready to process these IDOCS , I can not edit any repository objects in Production I can only change directory objects , how can I fail message now ??

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your systems are up, then it is not a problem of XI. Xi sends IDocs successfully to ERP and then probably following happens: the first IDoc will be processed successfully, the 2nd will fail. If you develop the processing functionality on target system and it will be ready to process also the 2nd Idoc, go to BD87 in ERP and re-process the IDoc. It should be then processed correctly.

I don't know your environment, but if the target ERP is up, it receives both idocs. There will be no need to re-send them from XI.

What do you thing, did i understand your problem correctly?

Reprocessing idocs - BD87, find the Idocs (probably those with the red mark,; right-button mouse click - "Process")

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete ,

XI can successfully process both the mesages but the recieving SAP system does nt want to take any IDOCS now

They some how want XI to hold all the IDOCS for 2 weeks and

then schedule to send them in order XI recieves .

what I can do is remove the second reciever so that they dont receive as of now but I have to reprocess the same messages again after 2 weeks

KLK

Former Member
0 Kudos

a, I don't understand, how target ERP does not want to take IDocs

b, If you remove the 2nd receiver, you would have to change directory objects after 2 weeks and you wanted to avoid this, right? and how would you then send the messages again to 2nd receiver not sending them also into the 1st one?

Well, if I would on your place: I would be interested, why the system can receive the 1st idoc types and can not 2nd. I'm convinced, that it can receive both of the idocs, just the 2nd types fail. But as I wrote before, this is not a problem - they can be repocessed after the functionality is developed. They will not harm theERP and will not disappear from them.

But, when this is really not way, I would do following: create a standard scenario, with both receivers (both IDocs) and I would create a "blind" connection for the 2nd type. This causes, that the 1st IDoc will be delivered successfully and the 2nd group will fail on outbound, because of not proper connection to target system. So these Idocs will stay in the XI. When the target would be ready, then I would re-process these items. But the problem may be, if there is a lot of these Idocs - it will be a horrible work, to restart them all.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thanks for the heads up .

I can nt error up messages in Production .

but reprocessing large number of IDOCs is also nt an option

So I would inform source / target system to handle the issue.

Thanks

KLK