cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling the SRM-MDM catalog URL with the named search is not helping to app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to map SAP provided SRM MDM 2.0 Catalog to our client’s requirement which is to maintain and retrieve prices in the qualified price table based on country field.

So I have included a country field in the price qualified table in the repository and saved a named search for each country.

Now trying to view the catalog (calling the dynpro i.e. URL with the named search), the catalog items are getting displayed based on country field but on further drilldown to the price records, all of them are getting displayed.

Named Search is working fine with the data manager but the same is not working in the dynpro view.

Please help solve the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the problem is that in the Data manger, the "filter" is switched on and it only displayes what you searched for (the little check box veside the Qualoified fields). In the iviews I don't know how to set a filter to on.

Hope this gives you a clue to continue searching for a solution

Regards John-Kjell

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

A solution to ( " In the iviews I don't know how to set a filter to on. " for the price qualifier table ) is what i am looking for ,

if you get any lead on this please post it .

Thanks & Reg ,

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

It is not related to iviews, you dont have to set a filter on UI.just goto data manager,there you will find at the lower right pane, there is a detail related to lookup qualified tables, there is an option to set the filter based on the respective search(Small check box) then all the changes in data manger, automatically get reflected on the catalog end.

by using Configuration Ui, you can map the OCI field with MDM related field and you can customize your own look and feel for the catalog as per your requirement based on fuctionality provided in Search Ui file.

rest of all the data on the catalog directly accessed from MDM specific repository with the help of OCI communication.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Jan 31, 2008 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have exaclty the same problem as Srikanth. My problem is when I have 2 prices for the same catalog item the standard webdynpro is not working exaclty the same as the datamanager. In the datamanager the filter is applied based on an named search and the result is one price. But in the catalog with the same named search there are 2 prices displayed. Do you have a solution fir this?

Many thanks.

Regards Jeroen,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurab.

The problem is that the filter set in Data manager is not reflected in the iviews or the Web Dynpro application that Jeroen mentiones.

Maybe this should be an OSS.

Regards John-Kjell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is the problem with the data manager itself. Actually when set the crieteria for search and apply the filter also and when you save the search as Named Search in Data Manager. then reset all search and go to Named search,according to the named search which you have saved, it should show the records according to search which you have saved as named search but it shows all the record in the lookup qualified field pane in data Manager itself.just see it that is why on the webdynpro UI it shows all the record not as per the search which you have saved as Named Search. I am using the build version as "5.5.42.98" of MDM 5.5 SP05.

Might be this problem is resolved in the latest version of MDM as MDM 5.5 SP06.

otherwise you should raise a OSS.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using MDM 5.5 SP05 42.98. It's working for me.

If you create a named serach in MDM Data Manager and test the named search in the UI, it will not work. The reason being , you have not defined the named search parameter in the call structure in SRM. Define the "named search parameter" and give the name of the named search in the call structure. When you test the catalog in the UI, you will see the items specific to the named search you defined in the MDM Data Manager.

Thanks!

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I experience the same problem as mentioned in the above threads. I've created a Named Search in the Data Manager and added the named search to the call structure (as you suggested/mentioned) but it still doesn't display my named search results in the UI catalog?? Is there anything else that I need to setup/configure?

I also thought I could add the named search to the Role in the Console in the Table and Fields tab but there are no contraints to select.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Shayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shayne,

The steps are as follows :

Define a named search in MDM Data Manager.Add few records to this named search. Define the call structure with the named search details.

Access the UI .You will see the list of records for that particular named search

The above are the steps i used and it is working for me.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks I found the problem.

Regards,

Shayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shayne,

I do have exactly the same issue.

Can you please tell me how did you solve the issue.

Regards,

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

when you save the search according to your criteria, just remember to check the option for the specific dearch (checkbox is there with the qualified lookup table in the lower right pane). this check box is for the filteration of the records in qualified lookup tables.Just try with it.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Saurabh...

Reward with points if found helpfull.