cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Viewing DTR Permissions -> Failure getting ACL file

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an NW04S-SP13 Standalone J2EE with EP and DI Usage Types.

NWDI has been setup using the "ESS Cookbook".

The Dev Conifg was imported from the ESS track and NWDS project was created from the ESS DCs but we could not change any objects.

Looking further, we noticed that we when we were in the DTR Repository browser in NWDS and used the context message to "View Permissions" on any object that we get the message:

"Getting ACL file failedGet object id of version failed"

Did anyone ever see this error message?

TIA ... Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Try checking if the DTR server is up and running fine

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akshatha,

Yes, that was the strange thing ... I was using the same user to logon directly to the DTR as I was using from the Development Perspective of NWDS.

The issue seems to have been solved since I started using a different "client" from NWDS.

When I reported this problem, I had been using the client "All_Workspaces". It looks like I should have been using the client <SID>_<Trackname>_D.

When logging in from Dev Perspective of NWDS, it was not clear which client was being use (I didn't choose).

In looking at the XML files that define those clients, I could see that there were no "mountpoints" for ACLs in "All_Workspaces" like there were in client <SID>+<Trackname>_D.

Let me know if you have any other insights.

In any case, this seems to be solved and I will close this thread shortly ... Bart

Answers (0)