cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic scheduling of network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

If i confirm an activity the actual date is stored in the activity, this ofcourse can impact the time planning of the project.

Therefore automatic scheduling is set to ON, but SAP only reschedules the activity itself instead of the entire network although all activities are linked via relations.

Any idea how to make sure SAP triggers a rescheduling of the network after a confirmation of an activity.

Note: if you manually change a date in your activity the system sets the system status on the network (NTUP), when you save in this case the entire network is rescheduled.

But when you change the dates due to a confirmation this status is not set. Strange...

Any ideas..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

System does not schedule the confirmed activity alone - When you confirm an activity basic dates are over written by the actual date. Thta is what appears to you as scheduling of that particular activity.

If you want the system to do automatic scheduling, please check your config and make the following changes, if relevant:

"Specify Shceduling parameters" (OPU6), check "Automatic scheduling" to enable networks to automatically schedule whene a network is saved after a change relevant activity is carried out.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan.R

Thanks for your post, but unfortunately...

The automatic scheduling parameter is already set and it does perform the automatic scheduling if a date is changed in the activity.

But this not the case when confirming an activity and that is in fact the problem.

I checked the program in debug mode and it does call a FM to perform a scheduling of the confirmed activity.

But it should schedule the entire network.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry , I logged on with the wrong ID inthe prevous post..

Hi Muraleedharan.R

Thanks for your post, but unfortunately...

The automatic scheduling parameter is already set and it does perform the automatic scheduling if a date is changed in the activity.

But this not the case when confirming an activity and that is in fact the problem.

I checked the program in debug mode and it does call a FM to perform a scheduling of the confirmed activity.

But it should schedule the entire network.

Any ideas?

Answers (0)