cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery in third party order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we create delivery document and post PGI in third party order?

If yes, why? If no, why?

• Thr is lot of confusion with this matter. Only n only the people worked practically on TPO are requested to answer. I have searched a

lot on this which cant clear my confusion, so plz dont give me any link or material... (sorry if I sound arrogant)

Thx vry much.

_prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

In case of third party order the goods will be deliverd by your vendor to your customer directly. So you 'won't see' (physically) the goods delivered to your customer.

That's why I think there's no need for delivery notes from your side. I think it is the responsibility of your vendor who supplies the goods for your customer.

order (by your customer) > SO in SAP (you) > PR (automatically) > PO (from PR; to your vendor)

You can do GR when you get informartion (feedback) that that goods were deliverd (the goods arrived) to your customer but it is not necessary (you have other options in this method). If you do statistical GR the parts will be booked via 101 but you won't have stock , the system considers this that your customer received the goods at the time of GR (a little bit similar to PO with account assigt. cat. 'C' - the goods arrive through MVT 101 but they are consumed at the very moment [w/o movement type]).

I hope I'm not mistaken...

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba n Prasanth..

Thanks a ton!

But what makes me wonder that y we do the MIGO here? It will increase the stock at our place when we r nt physically receiving it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PO which is created here is against a third party sales order (Item Category TAS), so the MIGO done here is statistical. It does not cause any inventory changes.

Regards,

Vivek

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prahant,

Please read carefully what I wrote. Though you receive the goods by MVT 101 it WON'T INCREASE your stock (as I told you).

Please check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/560287545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

BR

Csaba

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashanth,

third party means it self the goods are delivered by the vendor to the customer. here there will not be movement type. item category is TAS and schedule line is CS. once the goods are recieved your customer from the vendor then he raise the MIGO & MIRO. Basing on the MIRO we will bill to our customer.

Where as in Individual purchase order the vendor will directly send the goods to our plant, then we deliver to the customer. so there would be movement type for this transaction. the item category is TAB, and shcedule line is CB. but don't get confusion about the TPO & IPO.

regards,

rps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Third Party scenario can be configured in 2 ways:

1. Third Party with Shipping Notification

2. Third Party without shipping notification.

check the link below:

http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1500/BL_India/index.htm

Path: Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> country: India

Topic:

1. J54: Third Party with Shipping Notification

2. J55: Third Party without Shipping Notification

Hope the above information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The third party order, the item category TAS will not create a delivery as it is not relevent for delivery. It will create a purchase requisition, based on that a PO will be raised to the vendor, he will give the delivery and subsequent invoice...

In many orgznisations, they will use TAN as item category and the group company will be delivering the material, still they call it as third party order (but intercompany).

Prase