cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to backend system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

When I try to connect one of our system from visual composer, I get the error below:

Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definitions and user priviliges.

I have checked the user privileges and single sign on. Nothing seems wrong.

Any suggestions..

Tolga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

You go to your User Admin-> Identity Management -> Search for your user and double click on that, Down you will find a screen with details of the user-> Go for User Mapping for System Access Tab -> Select your System from the System Drop down then click on modify button now u will find 2 fields Mapped user id, Mapped Password editable, now in those fields u give ur Backend system user id and password and then save it.

Now surely u can be able to access ur system.

If any problem let me know.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the user mappings as well.... but still it dint work out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in your systems file in Services/etc/ whether you have the SAPmsSID 36xx/TCP where xx is instance# and entry for SAPGWxx 33xx/tcp.

The WAS and ITS connection are done through icm/http but this connector connection is done through regulare RFC connection. The Single Sign on error in connection test is misleading sometime.

I hope this will help you resolve your issue.

Bijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every body,

I did the same thing that he has given in the blog. But I am also getting the same error.

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly

Can any one solve this.

Best Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you done a connection test as I have described it [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6068] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];?

Have your connection worked any time?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

I have read your blog. I made a connection test but it did not work properly. But the interesting is there is another system, it has the same connection problem, but can connect the system from VC.

Best and kindest regards

Tolga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

if the system connection test failed then you get any information how it does not work, can you post the error message from the system test?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem with WEB AS and ITS connection. But when i test the connection test for connectors I get the error below:

Test Details:

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

But we have lot's of applications using single sign on and we don't have any problems.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the user mapping?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

im also getting same error when i connect with our back end system BI.

Test Details:

Results

Any one can be solve this???