cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Data no longer available when SALV_WD_TABLE GET_MODEL called "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do I get this error message when I load my WD application? I tried binding context noted few time (as it was suggested) but it did not help.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are u mapping the external node at runtime..? if so then before calling the get_model method u have to do the mapping of node first even though there is no data in it.then only u can set properties of the alv .

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

mapping is done statically. It dumps once I call get_model method. Would you have other suggestions?

Thanks,

Georgy

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u post the code u are writing and in which method ....

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

The story as follows. One window, one view. The view calls componentcontroller's method that has the following code:

lo_cmp_usage = wd_this->wd_cpuse_profile_hist_alv( ).

IF lo_cmp_usage->has_active_component( ) IS INITIAL.

lo_cmp_usage->create_component( ).

ENDIF.

• get ALV configuration model

lo_salv_wd_table = wd_this->wd_cpifc_profile_hist_alv( ).

lo_alv_conf = lo_salv_wd_table->get_model( ).

right after last call I get a dump. I used the same code for other ALVs and it works fine. I think something is missing in mapping.

Context of a view is mapped to context of a componentcontroller.

Thank you,

Georgy

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the only problem can be with the node u r binding ..check the properties like cardinality are same as with the data node of alv for the component controller .also check the the used component ( properties tab ) the interface controller of alv is added or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to make sure that your Context node in your Component controller has a binding with the "Data"-node in your InterfaceControllerUsage (you can find it under "Component Usages" but of course you already knew that).

If that binding does not exist, than no data will be shown.

Also check that the cardinality of your node (that contains the data) is at least 0-N or 1-N (else it isn't a table).

Regards,

Jos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos,

Nice! Completely forgot this step. 10 points your way.

Thanks,

Georgy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bayram_dabak
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Today I solved this problem. If your table that you will display in ALV consists a field whose name begins with a number, when you try to display ALV you get the same error. Just rename the field in your table structure.