Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Call breaks when starting CPA Cache Refresh

former_member301120
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I've got a RFC-Sender Channel.

Everything works fine, until a CPA-Cache refresh is startet.

Then I get a core dump at the sender system.

In SXI_MONI I got following error:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: ConfigException in XI protocol handler. Failed to determine a receiver agreement for the given message. Root cause: com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Couldn't retrieve outbound binding for the given P/S/A values: FP=;TP=;FS=ISU_QA;TS=SQL_SERVER_DEV;AN=MI_JDBC_TABLE;ANS=http://xy.de/xi/jdbcszenario

Does anybody has a solution or a workaround for this?

Regards Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member301120
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I've found the problem.

Its in VisualAdministrator.

Server --> Services --> JCo RFC Provider

Setting number of processes at AI_DIRECTORY_<SID> and AI_RUNTIME_<SID> to 10 helped.

Regards Christisn

Edited by: Christian Kaiser on Jan 25, 2008 9:35 AM

former_member301120
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have restarted "com.sap.aii.af.cpa.app". But my RFC - Call breaks still at any cache refresh?

Any other ideas?

Thanks Christian

former_member301120
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pinkle,

in CPA-Cache Update History I get the following Error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <CacheRefreshError>

<EngineType>AE</EngineType>

<EngineName>af.xip.xi_host</EngineName>

<RefreshMode>C</RefreshMode>

- <GlobalError>

<Message>CPA Cache not updated with directory data.</Message>

<Trace>com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPADirectoryCacheException: Couldn't open Directory URL (http://xi_host:50000/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext?method=CacheRefresh&mode=C&consumer=af.xip.xi_host), due to: HTTP 503: Not Ready at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.directory.DirectoryAccess.getDataFromDirectory(DirectoryAccess.java:382) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.directory.DirectoryAccess.getDeltaCacheUpdateXML(DirectoryAccess.java:547) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.CacheManager.performCacheUpdate(CacheManager.java:594) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.CacheManager.initializeCPACache(CacheManager.java:266) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.startup.StartupManager.initializeCPACache(StartupManager.java:220) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.j2ee.sapengine630.ServiceFrameImpl.startCPACache(ServiceFrameImpl.java:129) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.j2ee.sapengine630.ServiceFrameImpl.start(ServiceFrameImpl.java:49) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144) at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:105)</Trace>

</GlobalError>

- <GlobalError>

<Message>Confirmation handling failed.</Message>

<Trace>com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPADirectoryCacheException: Couldn't send confirmation, due to: Couldn't access Confirmation URL, due to: HTTP 503: Not Ready at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.directory.DirectoryAccess.invokeConfirmationURL(DirectoryAccess.java:454) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.CacheManager.performCacheUpdate(CacheManager.java:724) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.cache.CacheManager.initializeCPACache(CacheManager.java:266) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.startup.StartupManager.initializeCPACache(StartupManager.java:220) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.j2ee.sapengine630.ServiceFrameImpl.startCPACache(ServiceFrameImpl.java:129) at com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.j2ee.sapengine630.ServiceFrameImpl.start(ServiceFrameImpl.java:49) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144) at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:105)</Trace>

</GlobalError>

</CacheRefreshError>

If I execute cache refresh manuelly I don't get any error.

Regards

Christian

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>> com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPADirectoryCacheException: Couldn't open Directory URL (http://xi_host:50000/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext?method=CacheRefresh&mode=C&consumer=af.xip.xi_host), due to: HTTP 503: Not Ready

Reason :

During J2EE Engine restart the CPA Cache application tries to read the configuration data from the Integration Directory. The Integration Directory is an application, whereas the the CPA Cache is an J2EE service and starts earlier. Therefore the automatic delta cache refresh fails on the central AE in case of a server restart and the CPADirectoryCacheException is thrown.

This exception can be ignored. The CPA service stores its cofiguration data in the database. During J2EE Engine downtime the Integration Directory is not available either. Therefore no new configuration can be added in the Integration Directory and there and the system has a consistent state after restart.

The automatic delta cache refresh mechanism is necessary for decentral Adapter Engines, after system restart. During a downtime of a decentral Adapter Engine the configuration data in the Directory can change, since it runs on different physical machine.

An inconsistency can only arise under special circumstances on a central Adapter Engine: The Directory data is changed while the CPA Cache service is down (an error is reported in the Directory's Cache notification). Engine restart will not update the CPA Cache data, due to the above explained reason.

Solution

Restart the CPA Cache application "com.sap.aii.af.cpa.app" manually. This can be done with the Visual Administrators "deploy" service. Make sure that the Integration Directory is available. The Directory's Cache notification should report success after that.

Alternatively you can trigger a partial (delte) cache refresh.

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Any error message in Cache notification in ID?

-Pinkle