Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename User in SAP Netweaver - how to get user-dependent object transferred

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello group

Recently the rules for coding of Userids within our company changed.

As a consequence we would have to rename all SAP userids according to the new rules.

However, user rename in SU01 doesn't take along the user-dependent entries in several SAP tables where for instance user-specific variants are stored.

Is there a decent solution to this ?

Jo

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

decent meaning that all the user-variants, layouts, queries, authority-groups in queries, personel settings in transactions and all other user-id depending entries whereever they are would be automatically adjusted?

in one word? no.

variants can be tricky at the best of times, especially when the users were clever enough to add an edit-lock.

i did a project like yours a year ago and came to the solution that the users would have to adjust 'their' personel 'things' for themselves. once properly informed of all the topics concerned this worked wonderfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jo,

The closest thing I can think of is the SAP System Landscape Optimization services. I have only ever once been involved in Chart of Account conversions with them about 5 years back, but that was successfull

Here is a thread which asked the same question and some more information for you:

(Note that there has been an upgrade of the forum software since this thread. Frank did not mean to -strike out- the contact details...)....

Cheers,

Julius