cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define global error page on global-web.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fellows:

We want to create a common 404 web error page for all our J2EE applications. We have added these error pages to the global-web.xml through the Visual Administrator:

on several system local folders such as:

usrsap<SID><j2ee-instance>j2eecluster
usrsap<SID><j2ee-instance>j2eecluster<server-inst>
usrsap<SID><j2ee-instance>j2eecluster<server-inst>apps
usrsap<SID><j2ee-instance>j2eecluster<server-inst>sap.com

However, everytime we provoke the server error in order to retreive this Global Error Web Page, the system does not seem to find our custom error page, giving the following message:

The request can’t be processed.

Details: Requested resource ( /testerrorpage.html ) not found.

We have discovered that the application was not trying to look up for our web Error page, but for another one located inside the application. However, we don't want to add a specific application web page but a global one common for all of them.

Since there is not any common folder, such as global/root folder, we don’t know where the custom error page should be placed. Do we need to do something else?

We are currently using WAS: 6.40 SP 11 PatchLevel 89291.313.

Does anyone know how to configure this global error page? It is possible to do it?

Thank you

Gonzalo

Message was edited by: Gonzalo Pérez-Prim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

As part of our investigation, we have discovered that the index.html and other web pages that appears at the beginning of J2EE WebAS are referencing to an application called com.sap.engine.docs.examples included on apps\sap.com

<root>:usrsap<SID><j2ee_instance>j2eecluster<server-inst>appssap.comcom.sap.engine.docs.examplesservlet_jsp_defaultrootindex.jsp 

<root>:usrsap<SID><j2ee_instance>j2eecluster<server-inst>appssap.comcom.sap.engine.docs.examplesservlet_jsp_defaultrootindex.html

However, this not what we intend to do, we want to build an error web page behaviour which can be implemented once as is happening with other servers such as webLogic.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I might be wrong, but as far as I know you cannot edit the global-web.xml from the runtime view of the Web Container service in the Visual Administrator - you can only edit the descriptor settings of the deployed applications.

You can try to configure your error pages by editing the global-web.xml through the configuration editor (i.e. directly in the database). There's a description of the procedure on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/76/aa0ec903f1ad4291db11478c9f6460/frameset.htm">this</a> page.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, Uvaylo is right, the only way to edit the content of the global-web.xml is through the visual administrator --> Configuration Adapter.

I have the same problem as Gonzalo, I have modified the global-web.xml and added custom errors pages for each HTTP error and exceptions. The big deal is when I try to specify in the <b>location</b> field of <b>error-page</b> item: I dont know where I should place my custom error page. I have tried the same paths as Gonzalo did with the same result, when the error event is raised the error page is not found. In the log appears the following entry:

Processing an http request by the error page [/testerrorpage.html] finished with errors.
Probably the exception [com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.ServletNotFoundException:
Requested resource ( /custom_error.html ) not found.]
thrown by the requested servlet [/testerrorpage.html] cannot be processed.
The error is: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exc

Please help! Where can I place my custom error pages, to make them available for all the applications of the server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

Do the following URLs help in anyway? Looks like it may not be possible to do what you are trying to do?

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=012006153200001636812004

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9a/e74d426332bd30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzola

whats de Result of your tests? Was it possible to set "one" Error-Description for the whole server?

And does it run now? (I've the same problem)

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Hi there,

the solutions posted here and in work fine for the Java WebContainer, but not for WebDynpro.

This is because WD applications are not treated as true servlet objects and the WD container is different from a regular Java WebContainer. Thus the error handling for WD is hardwired into the framework.

A solution to this is planned to be available for NW07 (the so-called "next major release" that will try to make everything better). If possible they will then consider to make a down-port to NW04 maybe.

Regards,

Manuel

Answers (0)