cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset amounts billed in DP90?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When I cancel a debit memo created via DP90, everything should be reversed. The reversed dollars do appear in the internal order. However, when I try to re-run DP90 to re-do everything, it does not pick up the reversed charges. I think it is because the system thinks it's already been billed even though I reversed it. Is there any way to reset this in DP90 so I can pick up charges that were already billed (but later cancelled)???? I cancelled the debit memo and the subsequent billing document.

Will reward points for solution - please help; it's urgent. Thanks all!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Not sure whether u cancelled the billing request or billing doc.....but here is what SAP say...

Canceling a Billing Request

You may want to cancel the billing document if you do not want to process the items in a billing request or if you want to make them available for a new billing request.

For technical reasons, you can not use the cancel function. You can, however, provide it with a suitable reason for rejection. This means that it will not be taken into account in the current billing document but it will be available for billing in subsequent billing documents.

Canceling billing document

If a billing document is canceled, then the billing request is can be edited again. You can edit the billing request for a subsequent billing run or the items can be set as having cancellation as the reason for rejection

Not sure of ur scenario but i guess u may have to set rejection reason to open that docuemt or reset

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I cancelled the billing document. Then I placed a rejection reason in the debit memo sales document that I wanted to cancel. But still when I run DP90 again, the "amounts already billed" field has those dollars that I cancelled via the billing doc cancel.

Do I have to do something in DP90 to edit this? Is there a rejection within DP90? The only reason for rejection that I know of goes in the sales document...is that correct? I know the costs are in the order so I'm not sure why DP90 will not pick these back up...

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish, thanks for mentioning the reject reasons. I started looking into that and discovered that our reject reason did not have the check box for open resource items checked. I checked it and tried again and then it worked.