cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding reitrival of user date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum

I have an input field which is mapped to a context of type date, if i want to retrieve the original value entered by the user, how can I do it? for ex in case i enter the date 7/2/07 in this case this gets converted to 07/02/2007 but I want wut user has entered ie 7/2/07.Is this thing possible if so, please assist me.

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur Grewal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The format of the datatype date is like dd/mm/yyyy.If you are typing it normally it is going to take it as the format as specified by the webdynpro frame work.So if you want to change the date to the format as you specified type cast it to as per your requirements from string or char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, not really.

When the user enters a date in the date inputfield, it is converted to a date by webdynpro.

Later when webdynpro is rendering the html-page back to the client, it is reading a date-class and using the current locale to format a date.

You can change the locale (in the ie browser, or a forced locale in the portal or on the logged-in user).

If you connect the inputfield to a standard string, you would be able to keep the original formating, but the user wouldn't get the date selector...