cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO - Customer number of the reciving plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In configuration of STO the first step is '" define shipping data for plants. " Here we maintain customer number of the receving plant. My question is in which sales area this customer number is created ? In other words which sales area we enter in the 3 fields given below in the configuration screen ? Also how this customer number enable STO ?

A detailed explaination would be of great help.

Regards

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to assigne the internal customer which is created in the delivering company sales area and assign the same in the 'shipping data for plants' in the recieving plant, and maintain the sales area of the customer.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the clarification. I will give an example see if I got it right. 1000 is the supplying plant in co code 1000 and 2000 is the receiving plant in 2000 co code.

We need to create internal customer in 1000 sales area say 1000 ( sales org) , 01,01 and and assign it to the shipping data for 2000 plant along with the 1000,01,01 sales area for the same plant.

Hope I am right.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

We came across this in implementation. You can follow the same steps >

We created sales area Z100/ ST (Stock Trfr Dist Chl) / 00

We defined an account group called PLTS "Plants" [Copy of Goods Recipient Acct grp] with an internal number range from 0000 to 9999

Customers were created using VD01 (XD01 not necessary as STO did not involve Receivables postings)

For example plant 5678 was created as customer 5678.

In the shipping data for plant node, for entry 5678 we populated the field CustNo-Plant with 5678. The plant 5678 will act as receiving party with code 5678. For sales area, we used

Z100/ST/00 and put these entries in Sales Org/ Dc / Division fields respectively.

Now plant 5678 will be used for sales organisation for Stock Transports and will be receiving plant in a stock transfer.

Reward points for help please

Regards

SDC

Edited by: SD Consultant on Apr 10, 2008 1:17 PM

Edited by: SD Consultant on Apr 10, 2008 1:21 PM