cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sus service agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

Anybody give me some idea on what is meant by a SUS vendor or SUS service agent?

are they available in SRM also?

because when i try to add a source agent/service agent in SC item, it gives mea popup of few service agents for my supplier, but that service agents i cannot se in srm system?

-jijesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jijesh

SUS vendor is your vendor to whom you have given access to SUS.

Service agent is an employee of vendor. It's a contact person/user created for the SUS vendor. Service agents are typically consultants and actual persons who does a service. They can record time sheets and expenses in 'Service Procurement' scenario.

Example:

if you have given SRM implementation project to IBM which is managed by SRM experts Peter and Ram, then IBM is your SUS vendor and Peter, John are service agents.

Best rgds

Ramki

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

SUS vendor means a VENDOR to whom SRM would be able to send the documents ---> for example

1) purchase order.

SUS vendor should be known in the SRM system for the whole SUS flow to happen.

Service agents are not known in SRM --> and are called remotely from the SUS system when a purchase order is creaed.

you need to maintain ---> catalog id in SRM system --> and then configure this to call Service agents from SUS.

this catalog id should be attached in the PPOMA_BBP --> then only the user will be able to find the service agents and attach to the purchase order.

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jijesh,

Let me answer you as far as my knowledge goes.

SUS vendor is a vendor who has been given the access to supplier self services.

Illustration:

Company A has vendors V1 V2 and V3. V1 is a strategic vendor and has a good relationship. Company A decides to make V1 as a SUS vendor and creates a SUS user. This vendor is then given a URL by which he gets access to the SUS system and he can access the documents online. This speeds up the processing. The vendor does not require an SAP system set up for this. He just eeds to access the link given.

The service agents assocuiated with these vendors are SUS service agents.

This link might be useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/9d/9e81410d23c37de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/cd/0e343e47fd6b2ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please award points if you find this answer useful.