cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone explain me the complete process of MDM initialization?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Revathi,

I am not sure what exactly you mean by initialization.

If you are looking for general process, MDM is central repository for all the Master Data objects. So, you send the data for all your applications in your landscape - Consolidation. Then you cleanse the data so that it is uniform.

Once that is done you distribute the data back to application systems, so that from then onwards the master data is consistent across your applications sytems.

If you were looking for a different answer, please explain what exactly it was?

Regards,

Ravi

Note : If this helps, please reward points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started on MDM 5 months ago on a project that intends to implement MDM as product data hub. Check out my blog for initial prep and console set up details.

/people/savitri.sharma/blog/2005/09/22/tips-and-hints-for-new-mdm-users

To give you a high level overview of the whole process:

Based on your ERD, create repository and configure all the objects. For taxonomy, config. is done in data manager.

Then, from the currently available sources, consolidate data, and import into the repository.

Creating validation expressions to control manual entry errors as well as to validate data for completeness, business rules, accuracy, etc. is done in data manager.

Use syndicator to extract data out of MDM and distribute to target systems.

MDM's java API is useful if you want to write java classes or methods that could perform import as well as syndication out of the repository.

Before any production install, you get the repository configured accurately, and perform several practice imports into and extractions out of the repository.

Is the information you are looking for along these lines?

Good luck!

Savi

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Revathi,

please have a look at the "MDM 5.5 SP02 - Scenario Process Guide". You find this guide on the SAP Service Marketplace:

http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw04

-> Operations -> SAP MDM

Regards

Andreas