cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Polling interval at sender side in JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some problem in investigating one serious issue using this polling interval,

I am using the sender JDBC adapter where i used polling interval as

60(in secs) and 1(in Msecs).

So it comes upto 60.001 secs of polling interval.

There are nearly lots of threads which are in sleeping state on one particular sender channel making the J2EE hang. When i went to look inside the CPA cache i saw that the polling interval was mentioned as only 1Msec rather than 60.001 Secs because of which with in some seconds all the threads are blocked and J2EE hangs due to lack of threads.

Can you please provide some solution to this problem as soon as possible?

Here are few questions which i got when i am doing this process,

1. Is that the polling interval is sum of 60(secs) and 1(msec)?

2. Which value is been read either secs or msecs?

3. Will there be any precedence among those two values(secs and msecs)?

THanks,

Soorya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

there is already an OSS note regarding your issue on service.sap.com

please search for it.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amir can you please tell me the OSS note number or how to search that note in service .sap.com.

It will be a g8 help from your side

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Poll Interval (secs)

Number of seconds that the adapter must wait if no files are found for processing.

● Poll Interval (msecs)

Additional waiting time in milliseconds.

If you set Poll Interval (secs) to null, processing times will be short and close to real time.

If you set Poll Interval (secs) and Poll Interval (msecs) to null, the adapter is only called once.

● Retry Interval (secs)

Specify the number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before a file processed with errors is processed again.

If the value is set to null, then the adapter is canceled if an error occurs, even if a value greater than null is specified for Poll Interval (secs).

Former Member
0 Kudos

That i have seen in the documentation provided by SAP.

But i want to know why i am facing that problem when i am trying to give polling interval in both secs and msecs.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post an OSS note with screen shot. SAP would respond.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its not mandatory to provide the details in Msecs. its always better to provide the details in secs. Also if you are polling in secs, there are chances like the same data is polled every 60 sec as in your scenario. So try to providing the "Availability Time Planning" in CC which will not load the server and it will allow all the threads to run.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i am testing the sender JDBC channels with all different options.

SO tried to use both the options for giving polling interval.

as you said

"So try to providing the "Availability Time Planning" in CC which will not load the server and it will allow all the threads to run."

what do you mean by this?

can you please explain clearly. so that i can try that and test it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the adapter monitoring, there an option to run the adapter only during that particular time rather than polling the directory every 60sec or so. So you can provide the options whether to poll the directory daily, weekly, hourly etc.

regards,

Nithiyanandam