Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run transactions in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Auth Obj. S_BTCH_ADM with value Y is required for a user to run transactions in the background, so says the SU53 screen shot. This will be a requirement for all our users.

Is it safe to give all users access to this Auth. Obj. with the value of Y, as I thought that only Super Users would have this level of access?

Is there another way of doing this?

Cheers,

Panks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Panks,

>

> Auth Obj. S_BTCH_ADM with value Y is required for a user to run transactions in the background,

No. If the report has an authorization group on it, they might need S_PROGRAM P_ACTION = 'BTCSUBMIT' for the P_GROUP.

>

> so says the SU53 screen shot.

No. SU53 says that the last failed authority check of the user was Auth Obj. S_BTCH_ADM with value Y. What actually happened, is that the system checked the authority to determine whether the jobs of all users in all clients should be visible (if authorized) before determining the screen.

>

>This will be a requirement for all our users.

You can do this with transaction SMX.

>

> as I thought that only Super Users would have this level of access?

Yes, that is also my understanding.

>

> Is there another way of doing this?

Search for the term "SMX". There are some past threads on this topic.

Cheers,

Julius

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Panks,

In my opinion you can design it in two ways :-

Role 1 : Own Job schedule authorization

Role 2 : Others Job schedule authorization

You can assign Role 1 for all the users but Role 2 only for administrator.

Cheers!!!!

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Panks,

>

> Auth Obj. S_BTCH_ADM with value Y is required for a user to run transactions in the background,

No. If the report has an authorization group on it, they might need S_PROGRAM P_ACTION = 'BTCSUBMIT' for the P_GROUP.

>

> so says the SU53 screen shot.

No. SU53 says that the last failed authority check of the user was Auth Obj. S_BTCH_ADM with value Y. What actually happened, is that the system checked the authority to determine whether the jobs of all users in all clients should be visible (if authorized) before determining the screen.

>

>This will be a requirement for all our users.

You can do this with transaction SMX.

>

> as I thought that only Super Users would have this level of access?

Yes, that is also my understanding.

>

> Is there another way of doing this?

Search for the term "SMX". There are some past threads on this topic.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Cheers Julius, I will look into your suggestions.

0 Kudos

Hi Pank,

You are correct, the object S_BTCH_ADM with Y should only be assigned to superusers or administrator as it gives rights for all users' jobs. The object that controls being able to run jobs in the background is object S_BDC_MONI with activity ABTC (transfer sessions to background processing).

Hope this helps,

LouAnn