Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem starting visual admin tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have recently installed SAP ENTERPRISE PORTAL

Now,I need to do some changes in the visual admin tool

I browsed to following loaction in my personal computer where I have installed SAP EP

c:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\JSPM

There I See the file go.bat Once I click on that I see blank command prompt window being get displayed.

What are the settings I need to perform inorder to open the VISUAL ADMIN TOOL

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

You might be in the wrong directory...

Visual Admin should be in c:\usr\sap\CE1\JC00\j2ee\admin (notice the change from J00 to JC00)

It looks like you were going into the Dialog Instance's directory rather than the Central Instance's directory.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

JSPM is the Java Support Package Manager, the tool you require should be located in a directory called "admin" also found under "j2ee" directory structure(c:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\admin), usually. There will be a go.bat file in admin directory which you should run. Since I'm not a Windows user I'm not sure what all the requirements are but I know you will need Java installed.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Once I browse to the following path

c:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee I do not see admin folder being displayed I see the following folders

cluster,configtool,console,deployement,jpa,jspm,j2eeclient,migration,objectprofilertool,temp,rmic,os_libs,rdbg.proxy

thanks in advance

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configtool which I see you have has a lot of the same functionality as the Visual Admin Tool and should be adequate for your purposes. If necessary I can send you the Visual Admin Tool, just supply me with an email address.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

I am actually looking after to install the visual admin to be able to access the SAPWAS settings. I am a windows user. I would really appreciate if you can send the tool to me as well

miguelitez at gmail . com

Many thanks in advance