cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item increment in components in Work Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been searching for the place where you can set the increment of the item numbering of the components in a Work Order in Plant Maintenance. I am working with version 4.7 of SAP. I have found where to set the increment for operations, but that does not change the increment of the Component list. Now we have it set to 0010, 0020, 0030 and so on, but want to change it to 0001, 0002, 0003. Because of standing orders the limit of 9999 is reached.

Hope somebody out there can instruct me where I can find the setting of this in customizing.

Best Regards

Ellen Odegaard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use opk8 and use profile in order to create operation number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

opk8 is about "print control in production orders".. maybe you meant opl8? This is for Production orders and not for maintenance orders..

BR

Ellen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no Configuration available to change the increamental value in components tab of Maintenance order. You can try developing some User exit to change the increamental values.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a user specific setting that can be used to achieve this (use SM30 with view V_TCSPR or search for it in the IMG). For a general entry you can create an entry for user DUMMY (see help).

kind regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to do the setting in V_TCSPR, but that only works for the BOM lists. (If I use now trx IB01 for example the increments are changed to 0001, 0002 as wanted. But unfortunately not in the tab "Components" in the Work order.

What I do:

IW31, create work order, enter mandatory fields and go to the tab "Components" Here it is still 0010, 0020 and so on, even after pulling in the bom items.

So still no solution here. It is no big problem, just quirious where this can be set since I have had a question about it.

BR

Ellen

p_geurts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ellen,

For workorders you can customize this with transaction OPL8 per ordertype.

Regards, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the transaction OPL8, but that is for setting increments for Production orders, not for Plant Maintenance work orders. I also have figured out where to set the increment for operations in Plant Maintenance work orders for operations (that is also per order type), but not in the screen for Components.. So I still don't know where to set the increment on the items for Components.

BR

Ellen