cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track the changes to the batch jobs in the PRD system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis Guru's,

Need your help in a Query. --> Is there any best practice that can be implemented to trace all the changes done to batch jobs in the past 3 months and going forward. Be it in its scheduling or its variant changes etc, i would like to track the changes to the batch jobs in the PRD system.

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know of any transaction doing that.

Try to find a standard report. Some times you get lucky !

Otherwise you'll have to write a specific program...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs on the standard programm would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch Job change history is not logged in any tables. Hence there is no way to get all the info you are looking for. The only info available is the last change date and user but there will be no details available of what change. There is no way to track it online.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanujit,

I appreciate that you have taken time to respond back to me... But i am aware as far as i know that there is no such records nor logs nor tables. But with advent of many Job scheduling mechanism, redwood and so on and on etc etc (Which i am not so conversant with ) i am looking for an answer where if any of these new dimension products/3rd party vendors or SAP itself in its ever growing techniology provide such facility to us.

Thanks folks for your time...

Rgds,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Third party tools can only help you but not SAP. . A lot of us may think that for example if a Job 'X' runs daily then SAP considers this job as a single object.However actually SAP will treat each run of a job seperately infact as seperate jobs. If you would have noticed each job in SAP has a job id which is unique. So actually each run is unique. Now change logs can exist for only those objects that get changed. But change logs can not exist for objects that are newly created everytime !!

If you would have noticed you can two jobs with the name A but running two different reports/variants whatver. This is because job name is not that important it is the job id.

Every time a job runs a new entry gets stored in TBTCO,TBTCP etc.. tables. It is not that the existing entires are updated.However yes when a job is scheduled periodically there is some kind of a link that is created in the job series but it does not showo up in any of the tables!!

As far as 3rd party tool is concerned I can name a tool like UC4. UC4 has its own database in which the job name will always be unique. For that you can easily find change logs. I think Chronicle (Redwood Scheduler) also supports this.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit.

I guess now i should put my eyes on UC4 and Chronicle if they can exactly provide any documents that this functionality is possible.

Rgds,

Sri

Answers (0)