cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends we given order qty 10, but i want to change qty in delivery 12 but system not accepting to more than the order qty.

here my question is my clint requirement is he is not intersting to change qty in Vao2(change mode),how can we increase qty in delivery vlo1n.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to 0VLp screen, which have controls for delivery item category, there is a field called Check over delivery.

Leave the field blank.

Now u check, ur problem will be solved.

Reward points if it is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i agree with kishore gopala. in IMG > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Item categories for deliveries, you select an item and control overdelivery.

if you change the delivery quantity to 12, while the order quantity is only 10, try billing the delivery (after post goods issue) and you will find the billing quantity to be 12. SAP has taken the actual delivery quantity as relevant for billing and, therefore, there is at least a system control so that you don't lose money.

however, this may not be the best practice due to audit and control issues. nevertheless, i am sure those who built SAP considered this to be a very likely and quite common business scenario.

hope this helped.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the settings for Delivery Type, Item category for Delivery, Cuastomer Material info record. It is possible that the configuration is such that Overdelivery is not allowed.

Correctly suggested by others that this is not a recommended practice.

The best alternative is to go & change the order (VA02) quantity from 10 to 12.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the setting "check over delivery"to "A" in the relevent delivery item category functionaityand it will works

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to pursue an over-deliver of certain materials/customers you could set this in the customer/material info record (Overdeliv. tolerance)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

take hel of ABAPERS

former_member1042017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly you should not change the quantity in the Delivery directly whiout changing in the Sales order. The sales order qty is say x, so how can you change the quantity in the delivery to y as it will remain x, you can deliver the same quantity as given in the sales order because the copying requirements are copied from the sales order . As the delivery is already done. Its better not to do the changes in the delivery directly.

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is possible to decrease the quantity but not possible to increase the quantity of a material after order creation because of the availability checks.

Regards,

Chitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first thing is its not a good practice to do it this way.

then, you would not want all the endusers access VL02N t.code and would thus have authorization problems.

Then, how the sales order cost going to get captured into CO if you enter at the delivery level. your cost center and profitability segment are required for the FI side of sales transactions which need to happen at order level.

As our friends shared, it would certainly lead to inconsistencies. So i guess as an sap consultant this is the consulting we need to do. Anyways please let us know the scenario in detail.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

This functionality should be avoided spending the best possible effort, as this will lead to lot of inconsitencies in transactions, reports etc.

Please convince the users that the process is always Sales order--Delivery--invoice and you cannot make entries directly in delivery or invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To the best of my understanding this shouldd be avoided so that there is no discrepency bet the order and the delivery. Moreover since the system does availability check at the sales order stage it will allow only the qty it has confirmed. If you want to do it i guess you need to disable availability check at the sales order stage and do it at the time of delivery only. I guess this should help you in some way.

Saurabh