Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotuine vs access sequence... Pricing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ZPAD (Surcharge) condition type should

determine the price by access sequence then it should be compared with max limit value (Ztable). If ZPAD value is more than Max limit value, it should consider the Max limit value as

ZPAD value.

Example

ZPAD -- 10 USD * by access sequence compare Ztable - Max value 8 USD * by rotuine . So ZPAD should become 8 USD.

Direct question,

Can we attache access sequenc and routine?

If yes, In the rotuine how to determine the correct value from access sequence?

Laxman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmanan,

This can be enabled by various ways. This can also be done by routines. The correct kind of routine we can use is Alt Cal Type.

You can write the routine with the following logic.

Compare the price coming from access sequence with the value maintained in the ztable, and take the lowest of both and update as the value.

You can create this routine in VOFM tcode and then assign this routine to the condition type.

NB: If you want to do this only by configuration, you can always do it by condition exclusion, in which case you have to introduce another condition type instead of the ztable.

Hope this helps

You can reward points if it is of some help to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply; I don’t want to introduce one more

Condition type.

I know there are other four alternative choices (see below)..But I want to use one condition type which determines the price by access sequence then compares the Ztable and pass the least one. Here I couldn't able to determine intermediate value (access sequence value) in the routine so that to compare with Z table.

Solution (1)

Create ZPAD, which will determine the price by Access sequence and create ZPAM also determine by access sequence. Create Exclusion group and attach to pricing procedure. At any point of time the minimum price between ZPAD and ZPAM will be active in pricing

Solution (2)

Create ZPAT - which will find the additive price from access sequence, and ZPAM by access sequence?

Finally ZPAD will identify the least price out of ZPAT and ZPAM. (We need to create new routine and attach to ZPAD)

Solution (3)

We can first determine the ZPAM then determine the value of ZPAD by routine (Create on Ztable which holds the value of additive price), then same routine will compare ZPAD and ZPAM, take the least price as ZPAD.

Solution (4)

Keep only ZPAD, attach a routine, which will first determine the value from Ztable then compares with ZPADCAP table, finally it pass the least value to ZPAD.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmanan,

I read through the alternatives. If you are not in favour of creating additional condition types, then the option4, which is the creation of routine which will compare the value from acc seq and the ztable and update the least value, is the optimal solution.

You can straightaway go with that solution and implement.

And anyway options 2 and 3 are least favourable as they involve creation of additional condition type and coding also. So we can straightaway neglect them looking at the effort it can consume.

Please let me know if you need any more information.