cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB PHP extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a simple question, the MaxDB manual indicates that you need to install this extension together with

PHP 4.3.x or 5.0.x My question is : could this also be done using a more recent PHP version like 5.2.5 ?

I tried to install it, but when I do ./php -m it will not display the module maxdb.

Thanks for clarification,

Herman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So using PHP-5.2.5 (the latest) I followed the procedure, everything worked fine, no error messages, but it was like the maxdb extension was ignored. /opt/php5/bin/php -m to check the installed modules didn't show maxdb.

So I tried to use an older version like PHP-5.0.5 that according to the MaxDB manual should be supported.

I seemed to include the maxdb extension module when doing ./configure ... but failed on the "make install" command.

with error : structure has no member named 'guards'

Finally I tried a PHP release between the two I've tried so far, PHP-5.1.5. This compiled fine and installed indeed the maxdb extension module.

Maybe the MaxDB documentation should reflect this ?

So far, so good. Now I need to find out how to make Apache2 now work with the PHP5.1.5 ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least PHP 5.2.3 should work with the MaxDB PHP extension as this version is tested in our QA.

Regarding your PHP 5.2.5 problem: You should remove the configure file in your PHP directory before executing buildconf --force.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas, thanks for the reply. I've now tested with PHP-5.2.1 and that compiles and installes the MaxDB extension just fine.

However with PHP-5.2.5 doesn't seem to be OK, and I did remove the configure file and did ./buildconf --force first.

Brgds,

Herman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Success !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Implemented MaxDB PHP extension.

Used the following confugration :

./configure --with-maxdb=/opt/sdb/programs --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2 --without-sqlite --without-pdo-sqlite

--prefix=/opt/php5

OS = Novell Suse SLES 10 sp1

Linux = 2.6.16.54-0.2.3-smp

MaxDB = 7.6.03.07

Apache2 2.2.3 (standard SuSE rpm via Yast2)

PHP-5.2.1 (from tarball)

MaxDB Extension 7.6.00.38

Hope this info can be usefull to others.

Thanks,

Herman