cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Problem while installing Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to install Solution Manager 4.0 for a few days now. SAPinst keeps getting stuck at step 35 with the error ABAP Active: Java UNKNOWN.

In the SAP MMC, the dispatcher process is yellow with the message : Running, Mesage server connection OK, J2EE status unavailable.

I looked at the logs in the work directory, specifically the dev_bootstrap. This error is appearing there:

[Thr 5440] JLaunchIStartFunc: Thread 5440 started as Java VM thread.

[Thr 5440] *** ERROR => DlLoadLib: LoadLibrary(jvm.dll) Error 126 [dlnt.c 237]

[Thr 5440] Error 126 = "The specified module could not be found."

[Thr 5440] *** ERROR => Can't load VM shared library (jvm.dll) (rc=-2) [jhvmxx.c 1576]

[Thr 5440] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => Cannot load the Java VM shared library.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'Java VM shared library issues'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 5440] *** ERROR => Cannot load DLL for Java VM [jlnchxxi.c 717]

I have checked instance.properties file, instance.properties.vmprop and bootstrap.properties file. The path to JAVA_HOME is correctly set to F:\j2sdk1.4.2_13. The jvm.dll also exists in the F:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\jre\bin\server.

I am using Windows server 2003 32-bit and JDK version 1.4.2_13. Any useful will be awarded with points promptly. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I met the same problem once , i used JDk1.4.2_09 version to solve the issue..Also try to reduce the Heap size of Java and give a try

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanks for the reply.

How do I reduce the heap size of java ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check note number

Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0