Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Infotype 0077 for the New Race and Ethnicity Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask for a help or any ideas on below case:

There are new race and ethnicity codes required by the US EEO Law. I've already maintained them in table T505R. My problem now is on how infotype 0077 records of the employees will be updated showing the new race and ethnicity codes. Program RPURACU0 is use to update the records in infotype 0077. In this program, I first map the old ethnic origin to the new race and ethnicity codes. But after I've run and execute the program, infotype 0077 records of the employees still shows the old ethnic origin codes. It does not show the new race and ethnicity codes which should be based on the mapping I've done.

Another problem is that in infotype 0077 in the field "Ethnic Origin", upon clicking on the drop down list, it shows all of the entries I've entered in table T505R. I think that ethnicity and race categories should be two different fields and thus, there should be another field for the race categories. May I know on how to add such field?

To summarized, I need help in the following:

-how to update infotype 0077 showing the new race and ethnicity codes

- how to create field "Race" in infotype 0077 to display the new race categories

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add the new field by enhancing the include in pa0077 CI_P0077.

Earlier I have uploaded race data to IT0077.

Thanks,

Anil.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your help!

But I'm not familiar with it. Can you provide me the steps or documentation on how to do it?

Also, I need help on how to update infotype 0077 to display the new race and ethnicity codes.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie

You need to enhance the standard infotype

Go to pm01 and give infotype number...and click on thirt button(enhance infotype@IT)

Then it will take to the screen where you give short description and also field name which you want.....(Tke help of abapers here for to create data element)..save and activate

come back to pm01 and click on all..

come to pa30 and give personal number and give infotype number and click on create..

You can see added field..

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil, thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krk,

Thanks for helping me in my problem! Really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie,

Good day.

I read your thread here and I guess we have a common problem. Can I ask for your help?

I run the program RPURACU0 to update the new race and ethnicity data in infotype 77. But why it changed the Personnel Area and Employee Subgroup. Only the race and ethnicity codes should have been changed and not the Personnel Area and Employee Subgroup.

Please help me what causes these discrepancies in data.

Example:

In PA20, enter personnel number 7600634. Personal area = US81 and EE Subgroup = U0. But when displaying infotype 77 the Personal area = US02 and EE Subgroup = U1.

The personal area and EE subgroup of infotype 01 and 77 should be the same. In this example, they are not the same. Please help me to find out what causes this problem.

Please reply asap because this problem should be solved immediately.

Thanks in advance.

Carina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check table T588M. Look for Mod. Pool MP007700. The alt. screen and Next screen should be 2010. This version of the screen lists Ethnic Origin, Ethnicity (new) and check boxes for each race category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Thanks for helping me in my problem! Really appreciate it!

Yes, I know that my problem is in the module pool according to the OSS Note. But I can't proceed as I'm not familiar with table T588M.

I've checked table T588M. There are many existing entries for module pool MP007700 but no screen 2010 exists for this module pool. May I know on how to add screen 2010 under this module pool? Do I have to create a new entry for this module pool? If yes, what are the fields in the new entry screen that should be maintain (example: alt. screen and next screen should be 2010 as you said; for the feature field, what should I put in here?; etc.).

I really need your help on this.. as the problem needs to be solve asap.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy Bernie Bones,

check SAP Note 435204. make sure that your support package is updated according to the note.

If not, you can download the the modifications in this SAP note.

Regards

Olekan Babatonde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernie,

Look at feature P0077. This will tell you the variable key that is brought back for infotype 77. Based on this, change the "Alt. Screen" and "Next Screen" for that variable key to 2010. If your variable key is not in the table, create a new entry.

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mary,

We have applied the relevant note, updated MP007700 (as below) and executed program RPURACU0 with the required mapping. However, the Race field check boxes are not visible on IT0077 because as you can see the relevant field is not listed below.

Module Pool MP007700 Variable key 10

Standard screen 2000 Feature

Alternative screen 2010

Next screen 2010

001 P0077-RACKY Ethnic origin

002 P0077-MILSA Military status

003 P0077-ETHEN Ethnicity

004 P0077-SURVY Survey answered

005 P0077-DISAB Disability

006 FRAME_2 Veteran Status

007 P0077-MEDIC Benefit Indicator for Medicare

008 P0077-DISDT Date of Determination of Disabil

009 P0077-DISLE Date Employer Learned of Disabil

011 P0077-EEOEX EEO Exempt Indicator

012 Q0077-VETS2 Veteran status

013 Q0077-VETS3 Veteran status

014 Q0077-VETS4 Veteran status

015 Q0077-VETS5 Veteran status

016 Q0077-VETS6 Veteran status

017 Q0077-VETS7 Veteran status

018 IT_ITAB-MARK

019 Q0077-VETS1 Veteran status

021 FRAME_1 Additional Personal Data

023 FRAME_3 Disability

Thanks!

Edited by: Victoria Nate on Sep 23, 2008 6:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me the relavant note number for this please.

even i also need update IT0077.

waiting for your reply.

thanks,

vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 435204.