cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS in WDA is not Advisable by SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone clarify me that OVS is not Advisable in WDA Applications by SAP is that True? In that case what is the alternative for Search Help?

Or Still we can Use OVS in WDA applications..

Thanks,

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

in Web Dynpro ABAP you are completely free to use any sort of input help you want.

Several types of predefined input help exist, and OVS is an integral part of the Web Dynpro progamming model. It's just often the easiest way to use the ABAP dictionary search help, but OVS is also possible, of course, without limitations. Just as a recommendation, you can use the OVS input help if it is not possible to use the ABAP Dictionary for the search, for example, if the value set is not to be defined in the Web Dynpro application.

Regards, Heidi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i was facing the same problem.Its not that OVS is not advisable.WD4A very well use the feature of OVS.

But it was specifically made for WD4J.So you can very well go for OVS.But you need to be carefull while using it..

The Other options are-

1.)Search Help

2.)Freely programmed

thanks and regards,

Amita Gupta

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

If the business logic to get the value help is complex and you are unable to show the F4 from dictionary search helps and value ranges and tables, then SAP provided a component called WDR_OVS, you can use this component. It is wrong that OVS is not advisible.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raju....

i am sure this link would help you.....

[link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/30/d7fa41c915da6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

---regards,

alex b justin