cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please gives some simple tips to learn dynpro programming more easly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not new in Web Dynpro java but i am feeling unconfortable in dyn pro programing. So can any one tell me some few guidelines and or some documents which can teach programming properly please help me in that.

I can not understan when i have to use wdThis or wdContext.....when i have to user node or currentelement ,,,,this all stuff i am felling some doughts . Please help me to trace this situation.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Edited by: GURPRIT BHATIA on Jan 17, 2008 11:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read Chris Whealy's book "Inside Web Dynpro for Java". Afterwards you hopefully will feel better

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please send me book if u have .

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Send some money to your favorite bookstore and they will send you the book.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I mean please send me e-bbok if u have or send some good links regarding my issue.

Thanks in advanc.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

The book is not free, just search Amazon or whatever for it.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurprit,

Even i had the same problem in the begining.

Its just like java if you try to correlate them.

As far as wdThis is concerned its like this in java, which will allow you to access the data members and methods of the class without an object instance. In webDynPro it is your views and controllers which are classes.

As in java you can also call super class methods, same way wdThis also allows you to call a method of a controller in a view, if mapping is there.

wdContext allows you to access the context(more like variables in wd). With wdContext you can access the node itself or the elements of that node. Here elements are nothing but one of the possible values contained in a node. Node is just like a SET(Remenber school maths) and node elements are the elements of the set. When you want to access the element of a node you have to go through wdContext.node<NAME>(); for doing any kind of manipulation with the element.

currentElement provides the current selected element of the node.

Hope this will make you feel a little better. I want to here from other GURUS if am wrong anywhere.

thanks & regards,

Manoj