cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required in a Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I need to do a Design and being a Beginner I am confused as to what approach I should take.

I need to pull data from a Oracle database(Another Application) and query SAP table wrt to data pulled from Oracle and based on the data from SAP the data should be updated into the Oracle Database.

This has to happen on a daily basis at 7 am.

Should I go for a BPM or could it be done in a interface.

Request for a design approch.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you need to used a sender jdbc adapter to pull in the datat into XI.Yes, you definitely need to go for bpm.

Steps in bpm:

1.receive data from Oracle.

2.send sync data to SAP.

3.map the response from SAP to the db for updation(receiver jdbc).

regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shravan and Priyanka.

As per the requirment there is one more hitch.

Initially there will be huge volume of data ( the data should be updated in Oracle DB at first. The design has to take care of this requirment along with updation on a daily basis.So there is a one time activity of updation and a daily activity.

Guys how to rewared you points? I have clicked the radio button. Should I do anything further?

About the Sync Receive and send from SAP I guess i should make a RFC?.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

be aware that there are some limitations with the JDBC adapter when trying to make bulk calls. i.e. sending array requests and receiving array responses.

For the bulk load to Oracle, you should consider using SQL loader from files at the Oracle end, and possibly use XI to deliver/format the files to the required structures for the load.

With regard to the RFC to SAP, it would depend on which version of SAP you are connecting to. If its running on WebAs620 or higher you could and should use Abap proxies, but if lower you will need to configure the RFC adapter and call either an RFM (RFC enabled Function Module) or a BAPI.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much.

I could very well Use Proxy as suggested by you since I am using WAS620.

I should be doing the following Steps for BPM as suggested by Priyanka:

1.receive data from Oracle.

2.send sync data to SAP Using Proxy.

3.map the response from SAP to the Oracle DB for updation(receiver jdbc).

This I believe is a good design. Apparantly I am not able to apprehend the bulk load as suggested by you.

Could not the same requrirement of initial load(one time activity be designed in the same BPM or should that be done seperately ?

Please advice.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you could do it using BPM, but you will get long runtimes depending on the amount of updates you have to do. The reason for this is that for-each row that you wish to process will make one call with a single line in it. You would be much better using SQL loader as its very fast for the initial load and then switch to a bpm process for later updates ( if single or low quantities ).

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark thank you.

I see your point. I believe I have all my queries answered .Thanks to Priyanka and Shravan. Yet I am keeping the thread open..just in case..

Guys, Where do we see and access all the SDN Library documents such as the one Given below.

Do let me know.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d458a870-0601-0010-caab-b99...

Regards

John

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have you tried:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/xi.sdn?node=linkDnode5

- articles 3.0 section link

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Does SDN provide a page that gives us the links to all the files in the SDN librabry

Regards

John

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have multiple messages involved you should go for a BPM, and to run a BPM at certain time there are couple of blogs.

<b>Schedule BPM</b>

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

<b>Scheduling the file adapter</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d458a870-0601-0010-caab-b99...

steps in BPM

1. Receive data from either of the above 2 processes

2. Receive data from Oracle DB

3. Send sync. call to SAP to update DB and receive the response.

4. Send the SAP response to Oracle DB using JDBC receiver

regards

Shravan