cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application specific .PROPERTIES file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently making a transition from JBOSS and trying to figure out <b>what is the best option to place the application Specific .PROPERTIES files in SAP WAS 6.40</b>.

<b>Background</b> - Our application comprises of multiple components (jars) with each component having a .PROPERTIES file with some component specific properties. In recent versions of Jboss, we had the capability of adding our file references to a Property Service in JBOSS and as a result all these application properties (eg log.filename) are available through System.getproperty as they are dyanmically loaded by Jboss. <b>Is there a similar mechanism in SAPWAS to define custom application properties?</b>

I have come across numerous posts which suggest putting property files in WEB-INF/classes dir, but is this the only way to do it?? This implies all our .PROPERTIES files will need to be packaged into the war file which doesenlt sound like the best option.

One option i can think of is somehow getting hold of the current application dir (using something like System.getpropery(application.dir) ) and putting all our files under a directory under Application.dir. Not sure whether this is a good option or not.

Kinda getting desperate to find a standard solution to this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Cheers

Dushy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dushy,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for the "property handling"?

Cheers,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

I did a fair amount of looking around and the most feasible option for us was to deploy the folder containing all our application specific properties files under the C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0 directory. the only reason i chose this directory was that the directory relates to the user.dir system property in SAP WAS and allows us to switch between different J2EE servers without actually hardcoding the paths.

I believe you should be able to deploy your files anywhere on the taget machine. The only disadvantage for us was that we now have to deploy the property files outside the actual Application Deployment.

Hope this helps.

(Don't forget to reward points if you find this post useful)