cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code change impact on Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

My company is going through a restructure and will be changing/ setting up new company codes could you please tell me what impact this may have on Procurement

SRM

MM

What will I need to change or move if anything?

Purchasing Org?

Purchasing Group?

Cheers

B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramki

From an SRM point of view, wher could I check the programs/BADI/workfloww to see if company code is used ...is the a table?

In the org plan is there a way I could just copy large sections and past it under the new company code

Cheers

B

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BP

1) You can find BADI/custom programs/workflow customizing in a table.

For workflow, you need to check the workflows you are using and their start conditions in SWB_PROCUREMENT txn.

For BADI and custom programs : Check if you had project documentation explaining them. Else, you need to verify the programs manually. BADI implementations can be found in SE19 Txn and for custom programs check SE38/SE37 for Z or Y programs. It's not easy, if you donot have documentation. Need an experienced ABAPer to do it.

2) Org Plan : I would not advise you to copy it. You can create the node for company code and other nodes as required. Should not take too long. If you have some departments already created under old company code, you can drag those nodes into new company node. You also need to check your settings in extended attributes for locations etc.

Suggest you to take expert help. This can disrupt your production system if you do not do it carefully.

Best regards

Ramki

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BP

You need to do lot of redesign.Suggest you to create the new company codes by copying from an existing company code which will ensure that most of the entries get copied.

I hope you have configuration documentation from your implementation. Find where ever you get company or plant and decide the relevant changes.

Many org elements are based on company code/plant:

- Plants are assigned to company codes. You need to either create new plants or change assignment.

- Business Area assignment (if you use it)

- P.org assignments

- You have many other entries which are based on co.code - Inventory or Invoice settings (if you copy a company code, these settings will be copied too)

- If you create new plants (by copying from existing plants), there are lot of settings in MM which depend upon plant.

- Check the programs/BADIs etc where company or plant is used.

In SRM:

- You need to define org plan (PPOMA_BBP) for the new company codes.

- Check the programs/BADI/Workflows etc where company is used.

Best regards

Ramki