cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog instance installation procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to install a new dialog instance to our production system in a seperate host(A new server).

The normal way of doing is to initiate SAPINST tool on the new server and install just the dialog instance and club this with the main central instance.

But the client wants to do in a different way, by creating directories on the central host itself for the new app server....Like if X50 is central instance and X51 & X52 are application server located in the CI itself. And now we create X53 and all the subdirectories and mount the whole directory to the new host.

Here are my questions...

1. Is this advisable way of doing?

2. Where does a Java instance directory is located? Dont we have J2ee directory on each instance wether its CI or DI?

3. Can anyone let me know the directory structure of a dialog instance?

Thanks

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is Abap stack alone then you can proceed in this way also copy only the directoriy X50 and rename to X51 also keep in mind that you shud change the DVEMGS50 into D51also you shud change the profile parameters according this new dialog instance and install the sap service

Regards

Umesh K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You would need to rn SAPINST on app servers too.

However what you can do is create a share /sapmnt/SID/

/sapmnt/SID should have the following sub dirs.

/sapmnt/SID/exe

/sapmnt/SID/global

/sapmnt/SID/profile

by sharing these directory, you can keep your Kernel centrallly located and de-risk the Kernel upgrades.

Also profiles are maintained centrally.

And this config is supported by SAP.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't follow this procedure on Production Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will loose SAP support with this kind of installation on a production system...

I think this is a very bad idea !

Why dont they want to use Sapinst ? It's easy, efficient and supported.

Regards,

Olivier