cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ctm - ppm alternative mode selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using ctm with pp/ds PPMs. These PPMs have alternative modes (Mode 1 and Mode 2) with the same priority A.

For a specific requirement, CTM creates orders on Mode 1 sequentially until the requirements time. (I am using forward scheduling.)

Is there a way to create first order in Mode 1, second order in Mode 2, third order in Mode 1, fourth order in Mode 2 and like that?

Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ON line help:

Mode and Resource Consumption

Mode priority in SNP PPM:

If you define different modes in the SNP PPM, you cannot assign priorities for these modes, as is possible in the Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling PPM (PP/DS PPM) and in iPPE. However, CTM can use the mode number to determine the sequence in which the system is to select the modes. If you number the modes in the required sequence, CTM then sorts the modes accordingly.

If you then subsequently change the order in the interactive planning in SNP, the information about the modes and their sequence is lost, because SNP does not support several modes at a time.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may need to explore BADI /SAPAPO/CTM_SOSINT, /SAPAPO/PWB_SOS and /SAPAPO/SOS_COST for that.

Dont think what you are asking is configurable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using CTM with PP/DS PPMs. The PPMs have alternative modes (Mode 1 and Mode 2) with the same priority A. Both the modes have resources with per day capacity of 200 Kg.

I gave an order of 2600 kg on 8th Mar, 2008. I took CTM run on 14th Feb, 2008. The CTM result was 2 PurReqs, one of 508.333 Kg for 24th Feb, 2008 and other of 2091.667 Kg on 8th Mar, 2008 at the Factory.

At the Supplier side, the PurReq of 508.333 Kg was met by 2 PlOrd of 254.167 Kg each on 2 resources (ie mode 1 and mode 2) for 16th Feb, 2008. The PurReq of 2091.667 Kg was met by a PlOrd of 2091.667 Kg for 29th Feb, 2008 on mode 1.

The transportation lead time is 7 days. I am using backward scheduling strategy. Thus the demand was fulfilled late with the result that mode 2 was idle while mode 1 was working on the PldOrd of 2091.667 Kg.

I want to know what is the logic by which alternate modes with same or different priority in PPM is utilized.

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed