cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete line item on Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using SRM 4.0 in extended classic scenario and have a problem with with 40 line item PO. The problem is that there was an invoice posted against several line items including the line that is in question on this PO. We had the invoice backed out and we were able to change the account assignment on those line items. However there was one line item that we are not able to delete or go into the account assignment of and change it at all. All the other line items in this PO have the trash can highlighted so that we can use but this ONE line item doesn't. You can change the quantity or the price but we dont' have the ability to delete it or change anything dealing with the account assignment.

Has anyone else had this problem and what can we do to delete it or change the account assignment currently on the line item.

It is a material PO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

Please go through this ->

If you are using extended classic scenario you can simply delete the line items in the PO within SRM. This will replicate the appropriate changes in the backend.

You won't be able to change the PO in the backend as this is standard functionality.

You can also archive SRM PO incase you don't want to delete the same

Once the purchase order is ordered and issued, it is a legal document between your company and the vendor. Only PO line items can be deleted and you can not delete PO header.

Deleting line item of PO is not enough. Make sure that PR or SC history does not contain any follow on document else system will interpret this a close PR or SC.

Because the PO was already printed or output exist... You cannot delete PO header.

Once the PO has been issued to vendor in any form, deletion is not possible at the header level, only possibility is deleting line items of the PO (deletion indicator marked for all the line items of PO). Only when the PO is rejected by the approver (in case any, which will be in the 'release rejected' status) or in held state (before issued to vendor), PO can be deleted at the header level, as the data still exists in SRM and not get transferred to R3 backend. If you want to forcibly delete the PO at the header level, flag DOC_CLOSED field in the table BBP_PDHGP (header tabe) through BBP_PD for the respective PO.

Try using the Function Modules "BBP_PD_PO_DB_DELETE".

BP_PD_PO_ITEM_DELETE_LOCAL

Some other relevant Function modules ->

BP_PD_PO_DB_DELETE_MULTI

BP_PD_PO_ITEM_DELETE_LOCAL

BBP_BS_POD : Spooler, delete PO

SPOOL_PO_DELETE :Spooler function to delete a po in core

SPOOL_PO_DELETE_DO :Spooler function to delete a po in core

Related links ->

Do let me know. Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using SRM 4.0. Understand I don't want to delete the entire PO....just one line item but the trash can is not highlighted for selection. ALL the other line items on this PO are able to be deleted with the exception on this one. I could show you a screen shot of what I am referring to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try this ->

Note 982448 - Impossibility to delete an item in PO

Note 852327 - Disable Deletion of Confirmed PO Items

Incase this does not help, Seems like a bug in the system.

Please report the same to SAP by creating a new Customer OSS message.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul