Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAL transaction in change mode while keeping the client closed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Sap release : ECC6 SP12

Our production client has been opened to "Changes to the

Repository and cross-client Customizing permitted" for over one week.

According to SAP recommendations, we've asked our customer team to close it, but we have been answered that they frequently need to use transaction SCAL in change mode.

I have tried to activate the current seting flag in SPRO, but unfortunately, there exists no possibility to set the flag current

settings for client independent objects.

So, is there a way to open this SCAL transaction in change mode while keeping the client closed ?

Any useful help would be appreciated.

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

u r right.As per SAP recommendations , Prod client cannot be opened for that long.Actually i was bit surprised.we do open it for only few minutes that too in OFF peak hours.

Have u given change access in Object : S_CALENDER under BC_Z ?

Other option is , give access in Dev(customozing client).I guess there client settings will be open forever.

Once they have done necessary changes in DEV - CUST client, you can transport the same to QAS & PROD.

Still they says NO to this option also, u may esculate this to ur team lead.as u cannot open PROD client just for SCAL.

Rgds,

Gadde.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

u r right.As per SAP recommendations , Prod client cannot be opened for that long.Actually i was bit surprised.we do open it for only few minutes that too in OFF peak hours.

Have u given change access in Object : S_CALENDER under BC_Z ?

Other option is , give access in Dev(customozing client).I guess there client settings will be open forever.

Once they have done necessary changes in DEV - CUST client, you can transport the same to QAS & PROD.

Still they says NO to this option also, u may esculate this to ur team lead.as u cannot open PROD client just for SCAL.

Rgds,

Gadde.