cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in activating a DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a dc in one of the existing tracks and checked in and activated.but the activation request corresponding to that DC is in queue for the past 2 days(when i look into CBS to that corresponding request it says it is in queue) and because of that i am not able to proceed further.

what might be the problem for taking this much time for the request to be activated

we are on EP 7.0 sp13

Please help me in resolving this issue as this is very urgent

points will be awarded for sure

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Try to restart the server, not portal just NWDI instance. It should fix the problem.

Regards

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Open CBS Web UI and verify whether the 'Request Processing' is ON for the relevant Buildspace. If is OFF, select the Buildspace->click 'Edit' and set the 'Request Processing Mode' to ON. Save the changes.

2. If it is already ON, open Visual Administrator->Services->Component Build Service. Stop and start the service once.

3. If still the problem persists, check whetehr the CBS settings are as recommended in the installation guide.

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be an idea to check the logs for the CBS/CMS to make sure that there isn't some error condition. If you don't find anything there, you could also try forcing a build of the DC that appears to be stuck - that may kick start the processing queue.

Rebooting the DI cluster should be a last resort, not the first thing you try - while it may fix this particular problem, there could be an underlying issue that should really be addressed.