cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree API performance problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All!

I have a Web Dynpro component which consist of tree with large number of elements (some nodes contains more than 1500 items) and some other controls. When such node (with large number of elements) is expanded the performance of whole component became very poor. How can I fix this performance problem?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Armin,

Lemme explain my problem, I have 500 element in the table when try to work on any element like data change its taking long time set the lead selection. I am using Current Element property of a node from hook methods to dynamically set values from different popups so I can’t go for compatibility mode. Is there any work around to fix the response time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Table or Tree? The Table has a built-in paging mechanism (except you have put it into a scroll container and set visible row count to show all rows).

What do you mean with "different popups"?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Armin,

I understand, Is there any work arround to fix this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Tree element itself has no paging-mechanism or the like. But it has an event "onLoadChildren" that can be used to load subtrees on-demand.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am facing the same issue, if u have found any solution please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you send 1000 nodes to the browser, what do you expect?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but...

I think this wouldn't solve my problem, because user wish to scroll through entire tree and quicky select any element...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If you are sure the poor performance is inTree rendering (but not in backend),

than you may upon node expansion insert into the node only first 100 items,

and the last special item with text "N items rest. Click here to load next 100".

In onSelect event handler you check if the selected item is this "load more" item

and populate the node with next portion.