Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Character Problem in MDM / Oracle DB

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi@all,

I have set up MDM together with Oracle Database 64-bit, patchset and patches. Right, this all is running on

Windows Enterprise 2003 64-bit. Everything is ok so far but there is one thing that is strange to me:

The following special characters Ú, É, Ó, Í, Ö, Ä, Ü, Å, Õ, Û are diesplayed like U´, E´, O´, I´, O¨, A¨, U¨, A°, O~, U^ in

each field they appear in the Data Manager. I checked the character set of the database which was AL32UTF8 which should

be correct. But if I unarchive the same repository on MSSQL database I do not have this probloem!

So, what else could I do or adjust on the database in order to fix the special character problem?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Erdal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Herdal,

this solution regards MDM 5.5 SP5. Please, read the following installation Guide:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=701100035871000358192&_OBJECT=01...;

In par. 4.1.2 Oracle DBMS you read:

"If you are creating a database during a complete installation, you can accept the default. To createan Oracle database using the Oracle tools, select one of the following character sets:

• National Character Set: UTF8 or UTF16

• Character Set: Any can be used"

So you need to launch

select VALUE from NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS where

PARAMETER='NLS_CHARACTERSET'

must return UTF8, so it's different, you need to reinstall the Oracle DB spcifing that character set.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Vito

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

all settings in the database are actually correct. But the reason why the special character problem occured was probably the fact that we have created some new repository in a differen system environment loaded it there and transported that repository like this in our current environment without considering that it was already corrupted when unarchiving and loading it in new environment here.

So we updated the records in the with the correct ones (Import Manager) and now everything is fine!

Thanks a lot anyway!

BR,

Erdal

Answers (0)